Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Protection Assoc. Pay For Delete

tag
sammc1987
Established Member

Credit Protection Assoc. Pay For Delete

I have about a $500 debt to my old electric company Ambit Energy, they have sold the debt to Credit Protection Assoc.  I have received multiple letters at my late fathers house which is why I did not respond to them earlier.  Well now it is on my credit report and I want to get it off, I have no problem paying the money as long as it is deleted from my credit report after payment.  I have sent multiple PFD letters to the company and no response. 

My question is.. Has anyone dealt with Credit Protection Assoc. Before and if so did they agree for a pay for delete?  What way did you go about getting them to agree to it?  If so can you please PM me a good contact so I can get this dealt with swiftly and have it removed from my credit report.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CarlyK82
New Contributor

Re: Credit Protection Assoc. Pay For Delete

I have been trying to get them to respond to a PFD for a while now, and I have yet to hear anything from them. I sent letters via email, fax, and the good ol' regular snail mail, and nothing.

Officially in the garden...for like, EVER (or at least a really long time)

Starting Score: TU: 636 EQ: ?? EX: ??
Current Score:TU: 641 EQ: 643 EX: ??
Goal Score: 700s Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
sammc1987
Established Member

@CarlyK82 wrote:

I have been trying to get them to respond to a PFD for a while now, and I have yet to hear anything from them. I sent letters via email, fax, and the good ol' regular snail mail, and nothing.

Likewise, I know people have done it based on previous threads.  Just need a contact.

Message 3 of 7
dmorey
Contributor

I know most advise against it, but I actually did a pfd with them over the phone. I paid it in full, they agreed to delete and it was gone within the month. Don't really have any contact info as I just called the main number. At first they said they wouldn't delete so I told them I was going to pay with the OC. Then she put me on hold and came back and said they would delete if I paid in full. (It was $123 for an old gas bill.) I gave them my credit card over the phone. Of course this is probably YMMV because it seems it's generally suggested you handle everything in writing. I tried letters and emails before that and they never responded FYI.

Message 4 of 7
Joteism
Regular Contributor

I just tried that. I called the 972 number Google gives, that then directed me to a 1-877 number. At first the CSR said she wouldn't be able to delete it, but it would show as PIF on my report. Then I went on a little bit of a rant about my other successfully PFD'd collections and how I would rather try my luck with Comcast (OC) before paying them... She then asked me to put me on hold to see if her supervisor could put together a letter for me stating that they would delete. Five minutes later, she told me that they can only update to PIF and that the collection would not be deleted. I said thanks and goodbye - Just as I was hanging up she said, "I'm going to make a note on the account.." *click*. I already sent them a PFD letter last week and two emails (to two separate email addresses) this morning. I wonder what the note is.

Message 5 of 7
Joteism
Regular Contributor

I know this is an old post, but didn't feel like creating a new one...

THE COLLECTION FELL OFF MY REPORTS THIS MORNING (well...at least Equifax)!!

After my previous post, I completely gave up and accepted the fact that I'd just have to wait for it to drop by itself. But something last week prompted me to send another GW email (WITHOUT the word "Goodwill" in it) to them. It was just a simple, polite letter explaining the circumstances that led to this account going into collections.

I'm super excited to finally have this come off! I got my report through Equifax.com (FAKO went +18), so I'm waiting for MyFico's ScoreWatch alert as well. Then I'll buy my TU and EX reports as well just to check. This is friggin' awesome! 

Message 6 of 7
Joteism
Regular Contributor

33 point increase on MyFico's ScoreWatch!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.