Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD question - Transunion inaccurate - pending dispute

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOFD question - Transunion inaccurate - pending dispute

The issue, as I see it, is what "delinquency" is court referring to in their statement?

If it pertains to some event related to the case, whatever that might be, and not to the date of their assessment of the court fee itself, it would not ba date of first delinquency on the debt being asserted as due to the court.

What "account" became delinquen 1178 days prior to their reported DOFD?  A court fee, or something else?

Message 21 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 22 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The issue, as I see it, is what "delinquency" is court referring to in their statement?

If it pertains to some event related to the case, whatever that might be, and not to the date of their assessment of the court fee itself, it would not ba date of first delinquency on the debt being asserted as due to the court.

What "account" became delinquen 1178 days prior to their reported DOFD?  A court fee, or something else?

It is unpaid court costs and fines from a criminal case from 2005 or so.

Message 23 of 30
keebs107

It was actually from 1998. I paid on it off and on up until 2005. After that my son was born and I was paying college etc.

Message 24 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@keebs107 wrote:

It was actually from 1998. I paid on it off and on up until 2005. After that my son was born and I was paying college etc.

Oh.  Well, it doesn't change anything.  You defaulted in 2005, not 2008.

Message 25 of 30
keebs107

So I got a letter from them in the mail today and they (ARB) are now saying I owe almost twice as much as the original 1700!!! I opened another dispute online through Transunion to verify everything about the account and does anyone think I should send the PDF printout showing 1178 days delinquent? I do not think ARB plans on fixing the DoFD at this point. They even called in the past pretending to be from the clerk of courts office where the fines were from.

What next?

Message 26 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

ARB is the collection agency?

Called pretending to be from the clerks office?  Can you prove this?

Stop disputing with the CRAs, it is not going to get you anywhere except them telling you the dispute is frivolous.

Message 27 of 30
keebs107

Yes, ARB is the collection agency that I went to and requested the proper DoFD be given to Transunion. While at work some time ago there were several calls that asked for me by name. I asked who is calling and the would say " County of ******" which is the county where the clerks of courts account is coming from.

Not sure if I understand this so if I povide Transunion with the source that shows the account was already delinquent 1178 days prior to it being given to a Collection agency (ARB), they do not have to honor the date on the provided documents and still go with what is being reported erronously?

thanks

Message 28 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 29 of 30
keebs107

So I opened another dispute online with Transunion on the 9th and a complaint with the CPFB around the 25th. When checking online through Transunion dispute I see the following has changed today to:

"We have discovered that your request requires additional manual processing. As a result, online delivery of your dispute resolution is unavailable at this time.

You will receive a mail soon with further instructions."

As of yesterday it said 1 of 2 items completed. Has anyone seen something similar?

Think the CPFB which forwarded my documents to TU mattered?

The last complaint was resolved in 19 days. Hope things work out.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.