Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD vs Date Reported

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOFD vs Date Reported

If you want the DOFD that was reported by the OC, and  is thus currently recorded in your credit file, I reiterate that it is your right to get it from the CRA, without any BS from, or need to even contact,  the OC.

FCRA 609(a)(1),

As long as you pay them the $10.50 processing fee requried under FCRA 612(f), they (the CRA) must provide to you the reqested information reported to your credit file.

Message 11 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

And to use other information in your CR, such as payment history or a 30-day late,  or worst of all, a "projected drop off date," to try to determine your DOFD is, at best, only a crude guess.

OT but is the suggested drop off date on your hard copy report accurate?  The reason I ask is that it has my 120 day late falling off my CR in Aug 2013 when  the late happened in Aug 2005 and the account was clean since.  LOL EX has it falling off Aug 2011, one year early. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

And to use other information in your CR, such as payment history or a 30-day late,  or worst of all, a "projected drop off date," to try to determine your DOFD is, at best, only a crude guess.

OT but is the suggested drop off date on your hard copy report accurate?  The reason I ask is that it has my 120 day late falling off my CR in Aug 2013 when  the late happened in Aug 2005 and the account was clean since.  LOL EX has it falling off Aug 2011, one year early. 

No rhyme or reason but from my own experience it always seemed as though the CRA's removed the information at different times. I have never had any negative reporting stay on my reports for 7 years or longer. It has been removed as early as 5 years 11 months (late payments) and no later then 6 years 10 months (collections) with-out GW's and or PFD's. I may have been lucky or something may have impacted the change that I am unaware of. Either way I am not complaining! Smiley Happy

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 13 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

No rhyme or reason but from my own experience it always seemed as though the CRA's removed the information at different times. I have never had any negative reporting stay on my reports for 7 years or longer. It has been removed as early as 5 years 11 months (late payments) and no later then 6 years 10 months (collections) with-out GW's and or PFD's. I may have been lucky or something may have impacted the change that I am unaware of. Either way I am not complaining! :

Thanks for the info.  I would rather not have to dispute the late after 7 years since the account is from 1996 and I don't want the TL deleted.   Last time it was reported was 04/08. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 14 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You rarely have a single CR drop off date for a single OC account.  .It is not accounts that drop, it is indvidual items of information.

Monthly delinquencies on an account have separate drop off dates of 7 years from their individual date of delinquency.  Unlike COs and CAs, which are based on one single, date-certain DOFD, each monthly delinquency has its own date.  DOFD has no relevance to drop of prior monthly derogs.  Thus, if you have more than one monthly derog in your CR under an account, you wont have a single drop off date for those delinquencies. 

As for discrepancies on the same account between different CRAs, creditors are not required to uniformly report the same monthly delinquencies to each CRA.

So drop of dates can vary, depending on their dates of reporting.

Check the reported payment history proile for monthly reporting to each CRA of delinquencies under the account, and add 7 years to each indiv date.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.