Did you mean: 

Debt Validation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Validation

@llecs wrote:

@stoopidmunkee wrote:

I have a few quick questions on the best way to write or send out an DV sorry If I didn't read this full thread to get ideas, but I came across a site that had sample letters and I wanted to know you're guys opions on which would be the best one to send out?

To opine on the letters, both you posted have been posted in here before. I used to use the latter one in the past. IMO, both are legally and factually incorrect. A CA doesn't have to provide all of that info like payment history or agreements between the OC and CA. IMO, these letters are cookie-cutter letters and CAs laugh at them now because they are used so many times. There is a forum I troll from time to time that is for CAs only and every now and then they'll comment about these letters. Some of their comments are funny. I believe the best results come when you customize a letter starting with the paragraph in the first post of this thread. Add to that info that might pertain to your state like a detailed accounting. YMMV based on where you live. The letter would sound more credible and treated a little more seriously. It would sound more legalistic and might lead to an assumption by the CA that you are working with an attorney.

Smiley Happy

Message 101 of 102
pwd847
New Visitor

Re: Debt Validation

OK so I am new on this forum as of today and I have done a good amount of reading. 

1) I have several collection accounts that I paid on full in 2012.  They show up as $0 owed.  It is my understanding that these entries can still stay on my report even though they have been paid.  Correct?

2) I have several collection accounts that have not been paid at all from 2012.  It seems that my next step is to send a DV letter?  Do I send one letter for each debt?  Do I wait a period of time before sending the next one or send them all at once and hope they don't complete all the investigations in time?

What I am understanding from all these posts is that I want the CRA to miss one of the technicalities in the law so that I can get one/all of these entries deleted.

Please give me some advice.  I have been reading on here about what to do and some of this information is confusing.

Thanks!

Message 102 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.