Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete collections from credit report!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete collections from credit report!

If you pay the original creditor on a debt can the collections agency place it as paid in full even though the payment was not sent to them? If they do is it possible to file a dispute with the credit bureaus with a copy of the receipt attached for them to delete it? I am trying to figure out how to get these debts deleted from credit report completely! Any solution is helpful!!!

The collecting CA’s are listed below:

THE RECEIVABLE management services llc #52000439 (Progressive insurance) $202.xx

WAYPOINT RESOURCE GROUP LLC #48354** (Comcast) $385.xx
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delete collections from credit report!

Have you asked the OC's to recall the debts?  That would help.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When speaking with Comcast they verbally said they would but my worry is that they aren’t giving me anything in writing of this agreement. Also after researching my question, other people have said they took this route and the CA kept the debt on there credit and updated as Paid.
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Comcrap has been known to recall the CA and known to say they will and dont. Flip a coin on hope it falls on what you called. Its a toss up.

Message 4 of 6
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

If you paid the original creditor, can you not dispute the collection that is being reported for the following reasons:

• The account is settled
  • The account is closed

And provide a copy of the payment that you made to the original creditor?  

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you pay the original creditor, there is no longer any remaining debt.

The OC must then notify their assigned debt collector that the debt is paid, which terminates their authority to continue collection on the debt.

The debt collector is then required, under FCRA 623(a)(2), to promptly update the balance on their collection to $0 and clos their collection.

Payment of the debt is not basis for requiring deletion of the collection; it only requires update to show closed, $0 balance.

In fact, the common credit reporting manual used by each of the big-4 CRAs, and incorportated into their reporting agreements with debt collectors, is that they are NOT to delete based on payment of the debt.   It is not basis for a dispute.

Deletion of a paid collection should be pursued via good will requests to the reporting debt collector.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.