Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed item to be removed from TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed item to be removed from TU

I had a charged off account that I paid in full in August.  

In September, I applied for an auto loan which was approved.  

I asked the bank to remove the item from my credit report.  They said if I dispute it they will remove it.  

So I disputed through TU and got an email today saying to log in and see the results of my dispute.  

And yes they are going to delete this charge off account from my report.  

Will this result in an increase to my credit score? 

Just wondering if I can expect a nice boost after that comes off. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed item to be removed from TU

If you have access to any credit monitoring service with your current TU scores, FICO preferably, you'd see any possible changes

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked the bank to remove the item from my credit report.  They said if I dispute it they will remove it.  

So I disputed through TU and got an email today saying to log in and see the results of my dispute.  

We dont know what the rest of your credit profile looks like or if you have any other derogatory accounts or info, so it would be very hard to predict if you would get a boost.

We do not know if it was revolving or installment CO. If it was already paid and revolving credit, you got a boost from doing that. Not sure how much of a boost you would get from the paid CO being removed.

I just had my only paid CO get removed (aged off) and saw +0 increase from it.

So it will be very hard to say with or without info if you should expect an increase, but it will at least look better when applying for a loan!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Paying the chargeoff in full, doesn't qualify for a dispute removal.  However, if you dispute for inaccuracy and there is no update/response within the 30 +/- window, then the FCRA requires removal.  Simply asking them to remove an item, and getting a response that they will, if you dispute, seems unlikely and the rep promising that is probably no longer there.

I am concerned that if the item was removed prematurely, (before the 7 year mark and/or removal by OC), it could return.

But, that does not deminish cause for celebration. Congrats!  But monitor.  You should get some points back.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.