Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes

If you disputed items, where they removed, or left on? What bureaus did the removing?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Disputes

@Anonymous wrote:
If you disputed items, where they removed, or left on? What bureaus did the removing?

Disputed items remain on your CR with a note added, something along the lines of "Account in Dispute". In addition, some aspects of the account are no longer taken into consideration when FICO scores your report while other aspects continue to affect your score.

As mentioned, no bureaus did any removing - the only change is what I note above and, well, the bureaus that are doing it are, um, the bureaus that are doing it. Look at your CR from all three and see which has the comment - if the account in question is on all 3 then the dispute will most likely be on all 3.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So who corrects or removes trade lines? I'm confused by your comment.
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So who corrects or removes trade lines? I'm confused by your comment.

Your original posting is vague on what info you are trying to obtain, this post is much clearer. The entity that reports the info to the CRAs is the one who issues corrections or sends request for removal. The only exceptions positive accounts that are post close by 10 yrs and derogs that are past 7.5 yrs from the DoFD these items are removed by the CRA irregardless of what the subscriber may say.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed all 3 reports because of a bunch of inaccurate 120 day lates. The original lender is not in business anymore. The account was bought out by springleaf who removed the lates, but only since they had the account. I called them about the older lates from when hsbc had it, and they said to dispute with the bureaus. So who is going to verify it? Springleaf doesn't have the old info.
Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While under dispute, FICO does not include certain OC account information in its scoring, such as payment hsitory derogs.

Neither the CRA nor your credit report actually removes or deletes anything based on being under dispute. 

It is similar to credit inquiries showing in your credit report, where they are not excluded by the CRA until 2 years from date of inquiry, but FICO ceases inclusion in scoring after one year.

Message 6 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I disputed all 3 reports because of a bunch of inaccurate 120 day lates. The original lender is not in business anymore. The account was bought out by springleaf who removed the lates, but only since they had the account. I called them about the older lates from when hsbc had it, and they said to dispute with the bureaus. So who is going to verify it? Springleaf doesn't have the old info.

HSBC would have to verfy and they are still around they just sold a lot of thier US portfolio

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are only around for mortgages. I tried calling and my social security number does not match any records.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like springleaf deleted the account only on their end. So what happens now?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can half of an account be deleted.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.