cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Enhanced Recovery Company (ERC) - Pay for delete?

tag
Mland-EC
Valued Member

Disputing Enhanced Recovery Company (ERC) - Pay for delete?

Okay this is my spouses story. Yesterday myfico says I have 79 point drop.  I sign on and ERC collection states a 210.00 collection From Direct TV.

This bill was on my record for many years and fell off last year.  The information from ERC for teh collection stated 10/2021 as the orig date and it showed thiswill come off my report in 2026. That isn't 7 years?

Anyhow,  I dispute online using reason "account closed" stating this:

ERC never Validated nor Verified the Debt ERC claims 10/21 debt date via call. No accnt with DTV since 2014, Live in Fl since 2018 this dropped off my CC report over a year ago!

Looking back I think the bill may have been more recent, in any case it was not from 10/21. DTV can't even tell me  and I have no info on the bill at this point.

I wake up this moring and the collection was already deleted off my credit report and the 79 points added back on my report and at MyFico!

1) Is the delete  because they take the collection off while in dispute or did I win this?

2) Is it possible because this collection was already on my report and dropped off it was simple for the collections investigation to show no way this debt originated in 10/2021 as ERC claimed?

3) Think ERC will come back and  try again? If they do come back at me must they snail mail mea  notice  giving me 30 days to pay again before they get a collection back on my report?

4) What are the odds I will get same delete results from transunion(already shows collection and I disputed today) and Equifax (collection does not show yet).

This system of Credit is crazy.

In the year 2022 a single collection for a person in  thier  lifeitime of  under of 500.00 should not even count against the score more than maybe 5 points. It's a joke.  I will never pay that 210.00 ever. I don't owe it, I gave the equiptment  back and  argued with DTV then.  I remember  at the time when I finally relented just giving up and deciding to pay anyhow to save my credit I called a half a dozen times trying to pay, they could not take the payment! Yeah because there  was no balance! I can see how a person could be strong armed into paying a bill they do not owe, 79 points is for the msot part is not worth 210.00 ! I thought this was behind me, I guess not!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputing Enhanced Recovery Company (ERC)

@Mland-EC wrote:

Okay this is my spouses story. Yesterday myfico says I have 79 point drop.  I sign on and ERC collection states a 210.00 collection From Direct TV.

This bill was on my record for many years and fell off last year.  The information from ERC for teh collection stated 10/2021 as the orig date and it showed thiswill come off my report in 2026. That isn't 7 years?

ERC never Validated nor Verified the Debt ERC claims 10/21 debt date via call. No accnt with DTV since 2014, Live in Fl since 2018 this dropped off my CC report over a year ago!

Looking back I think the bill may have been more recent, in any case it was not from 10/21. DTV can't even tell me  and I have no info on the bill at this point.

I wake up this moring and the collection was already deleted off my credit report and the 79 points added back on my report and at MyFico!

1) Is the delete  because they take the collection off while in dispute or did I win this? Certain aspects are removed but not the whole TL. Since it was on before then dropped off it could have just been excluded again by the CRA

2) Is it possible because this collection was already on my report and dropped off it was simple for the collections investigation to show no way this debt originated in 10/2021 as ERC claimed? See above answer. It can only run once from the original DoFD and if it were to be reaged (DoFD changed) that is illegal

3) Think ERC will come back and  try again? If they do come back at me must they snail mail mea  notice  giving me 30 days to pay again before they get a collection back on my report? Possible

4) What are the odds I will get same delete results from transunion(already shows collection and I disputed today) and Equifax (collection does not show yet). Depends on what the creditor says but if its already run past 7 years it cannot be re-reported but thy can still attempt to collect.

This system of Credit is crazy.

In the year 2022 a single collection for a person in  thier  lifeitime of  under of 500.00 should not even count against the score more than maybe 5 points. It's a joke.  I will never pay that 210.00 ever. I don't owe it, I gave the equiptment  back and  argued with DTV then.  I remember  at the time when I finally relented just giving up and deciding to pay anyhow to save my credit I called a half a dozen times trying to pay, they could not take the payment! Yeah because there  was no balance! I can see how a person could be strong armed into paying a bill they do not owe, 79 points is for the msot part is not worth 210.00 ! I thought this was behind me, I guess not!

Fico 8 and above doesnt count collections of 100 or less and Fico 9 eliminates any medical debt from their calcs.

Message 2 of 4
Mland-EC
Valued Member

Thanks for the answers.

I just don't know if it's 7 years already or if ERC made a mistake on the initial date and wil try again. I am so over this. At this point in time I am telling my husband just pay it, he doesn't want to on principle. For me it is not worth it.

He 100% will not pay it unitl it's off all agenicies and then I would have him pay it if they send a new 30 day and pay it before the 30 day so they don't report again( if we get it, he never got the last one they said they sent,  I suspect they sent it to the wrong address).

He is adamat he will wait until 2026 and let it fall off, but I do not  think that 2026 date is even correct adn we have no way to prove DOFD or end date.

FICO 8 not using  100 bucks or medical is nice, still in 2022, 100 bucks? In my opinion in 2022 that should be raised to at least 500.00.  It would not allow abuse if they allow one.

How does wthat work? Can a peron have seven 99.00  bills and it not count? But a person with a  single 105.00 bill does count against them? Reasonble for me is one collection under 500.00, even a 1000.00 and  if there are more than one collection and it's a differnet creditor then there is pattern, then ding the credit.  I think FICO hasn't  thought of everything, they may look back over the years, but now with places like Affrim so many new ways to get credit and seeing how 100 bucks hardly buys anything , may as well say 0.00 today.  Maybe FICO 10 or 11 will address the dollar amount in a differnet way,  but 79 points for a  disputed 210.00 bill that has to be 5 to 8 years old is outragous when eveything else in the CC report is clean and perfect for a lifetime.

Message 3 of 4
bass_playr
Established Contributor

This bill was on my record for many years and fell off last year.  The information from ERC for teh collection stated 10/2021 as the orig date and it showed thiswill come off my report in 2026. That isn't 7 years?  The date they report is not the DOFD, but the date that the account came into their office.  That date would represent when they first took on the account.  

ERC never Validated nor Verified the Debt ERC claims 10/21 debt date via call. No accnt with DTV since 2014, Live in Fl since 2018 this dropped off my CC report over a year ago!  ERC does not need to validate or verify the debt to initially report it on your credit.  If you dispute it through the credit bureaus, then they must verify it but thats basically just saying, "yes, the info we reported is correct".

1) Is the delete  because they take the collection off while in dispute or did I win this?  Just a guess but I would think it was removed, as in, you disputed, and won.  It's possible that the CRA was able to note the DOFD from the entry and saw that it has run past the reporting time.

2) Is it possible because this collection was already on my report and dropped off it was simple for the collections investigation to show no way this debt originated in 10/2021 as ERC claimed? ERC did not claim that this debt just originated.  They claimed that they first took on collection of the debt in 10/21.  That's not them saying this is when the account first originated, or when the delinquency first originated.  

3) Think ERC will come back and  try again? If they do come back at me must they snail mail mea  notice  giving me 30 days to pay again before they get a collection back on my report? It is always possible, ERC has shown itself to be rather crooked in its collection dealings over the years.  It's quite illegal to reage a debt like that.  If it already fell off the reports due to age, it cannot be put back on.  ERC has done that before.  Their BBB page shows over 1,000 complaints in the last 3 years, and over 500 in just the last 12 months.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.