Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicates

tag
NAMC80
New Contributor

Duplicates

While writing my letters to the CRA's, I just noticed that one of my paid CO's is reporting twice on my EQ.  Should I note this in the letter, or will they autimatically take care of it IF they are deleted.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Duplicates

A paid CO as in a sold OC a/c or did you pay the OC after CO? I mean, is the OC reporting twice or the CA?

If its the CA, i'd say DV the CA. If its the OC, I think you could dispute directly with the OC. The OC/CA when reporting an a/c, also are supposed to provide an unique identification number to the CRA and this normally avoids duplicacy. But surprisingly, things could sometimes go wrong within the credit reporting industry.

If the above does not work, you could dispute with the CRAs. No, they would not simply identify the error and correct it. You would have to specifically dispute the duplicacy. You could enclose the CBR and highlight the duplicate a/cs and add a small statement with the a/c number that you are disputing the duplicacy.

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 05-20-2009 06:46 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Writing what letters?

Who is reporting this?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am confused.  If you paid the account that was charged off, what is the dispute that you are filing with the CRA?

Paying debt kinda removes later assertion that it was inaccurate.

No, an OC cannot report a CO twice.  So maybe that is your sole dispute under FCRA 611(a)?

CRAs are not the focus of getting things deleted.  They only record what is posted to them.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-20-2009 08:36 PM
Message 4 of 5
NAMC80
New Contributor

Im so sorry for the confusion.  I posted this in the medical forum but it was moved here.  While writing my HIPPA letters, I noticed that one of the medical accounts that I was writing a dispute for had recently been listed again on my report by a different CA but it's the exact same account.  I paid it off months ago so now it's listed by two different CA's so I didn't know how to go about writing my dispute letter.  It was paid in full to the first CA, so I'm not sure why they turned it over to someone new.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.