Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Makes Me Wanna SCREAM!!!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax Makes Me Wanna SCREAM!!!!

No problem. Pm on the way. NO ONE SHOULD EVER CALL EQUIFAX. EVER. Those morons know NOTHING!!! Go straight to the top folks when you need something fixed or resolved on your file. I'm talking from MONTHS of frustration dealing with those idiotic CSRs. Yep, time for a cocktail. Just thinking about that chaos has worked my last nerve. Smiley Mad
Message 31 of 162
myjourney
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
No problem. Pm on the way. NO ONE SHOULD EVER CALL EQUIFAX. EVER. Those morons know NOTHING!!! Go straight to the top folks when you need something fixed or resolved on your file. I'm talking from MONTHS of frustration dealing with those idiotic CSRs. Yep, time for a cocktail. Just thinking about that chaos has worked my last nerve. Smiley Mad

For all you do helping others 

Cheers 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 32 of 162
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awwwwwww thx myjourney!!! Exactly what I need right about now! Smiley Wink
Message 33 of 162
chuck52698

About 6 months ago I disputed a Dept of Education loan that was transferred to Sallie Mae in 2009 and was reporting to agencies that it was in default. I pulled my NDSL account and provide all the deliquent showings were while the loan was being serviced (and in good standing) with Sallie Mae. All three bureas sent letters that the inaccurate accounts were being deleted. Perfect, that problem over...

BUT...since that time (late last year), I cannot access my Equifax file from FICO due to "lack of information". I could do a direct scoring and everything in my credit history is deleted except a closed car loan from 2005.  Because so many companies use Equifax, I think it is effecting my ability to get credit. I just got a "we will tell you in 14 days" for a card I should have easily qualified for (fair credit card with my FICO 627/630). My spouse had a 610 score and got a 2K CL immediate approval on the same card. right after me.

I called Equifax a few months ago when I could not pull up my credit score, and the representative could not even pull up an account for me. Then he said "oh I updated something, it is fine now"...when I demanded a supervisr and ask "what he updated" he got irrate. I dread calling again on this. 

Message 34 of 162
baller4life
Super Contributor

Don't call them. EO will fix it for you. Pming email addy now!
Message 35 of 162
chazjan
Contributor

Could you please pm me the info as well.  They are making me crazier than I already am. 

Chazjan

Message 36 of 162
baller4life
Super Contributor

On the way
Message 37 of 162
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

I hate to add myself to the "please pm me the info" bandwagon, but please pm me the info. Smiley Wink Seriously, if you have a good EO contact, judging from this thread, sounds like I need it. I recently saw a drop in my Eq. score while others are rising & no real reason for it. I'm going to inspect my file for dropped goodies & see if that's where my problem lies. If you can share the contact info for EO, that would be a big help! Thanks.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 38 of 162
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I had problems with Equifax myself... last month 4 of my 5 Sallie Mae accounts updated from "current paid as agreed" to "0 balance included in Ch 13" and my score dropped 6 points.

Why I have no idea... I obviously didn't include student loans in my Ch 13 and even if it had been possible it wouldn't have been 4 of 5... it would have been all 5.

I disputed and after 3 weeks the accounts were returned to their current status and I got the 6 points back.

Calling Equifax was a total nightmare... when I pulled up my CR and answered the security question "Who is your student loan with" I chose "None of the above" because I didn't think that "SLM Corporation" was Sallie Mae.  They locked my CR for my own security and then I spent over 2 hours on the phone being transferred back and forth between multiple recordings before I finally got a live person on the phone.  The gave me a confirmation number that I could use to access my report online without having to wait 7-10 days for one to arrive in the mail.

Glad I have ScoreWatch to keep me posted on EQ changes.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 39 of 162
theprat
New Contributor

How long did it take to get a message from the contact?

David

David- Discover TU- 692 FICO EQ- 698 Lender Pull EXP-708
AMEX Sr Gold
AMEX Delta 2k
AMEX ED 9K
Chase Freedom 4.5k
CSP 7k
Chase Marriott Premier 10k
Lowes 3,600
Best Buy 8k
Message 40 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.