Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax up 31 points!

tag
taylor01
Valued Member

Equifax up 31 points!

My Equifax score has jumped 31 points in less than a month.  The great thing about it is that my CC from last month was over the limit. I manage to get it under 9% utl. since then.  Also I was able to get an old paid collection deleted and a pfd as well.  My crown jewelers account which is older than a month is not reporting yet either.  My utl for that account is under 9% also. None of these are reporting yet.  I will be in the 600's sooner than I thought!  With a GW letter every other week, i'll be sneaking up the the 700's Smiley Very Happy   Thanks MYFICO!!!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax up 31 points!

Huge congrats to you!!!!  Smiley Happy  Hoping to be there soon myself. 
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

31 pts? That's great. What about TU and EX??

I'm waiting for Crown Jewelers to report also. I should see a nice increase when they finally do report.

Keep being persistance. My scores were in the 520-540 range back in January. Now they're between 602-619.

Keep up the good work!
Message 3 of 6
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

WOW BUNKY!
Your score has gone up a lot in a 6 months...please give me advice...how did you do it??!!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job! Dropping util is the easiest way to up the score.
Message 5 of 6
taylor01
Valued Member

Smiley Very HappyBefore I became a member of myfico, I paid off ALL my old collections: Discover $5800.00-Settled for $2800). Two medical: together under $500.00. Student Loan: $5200-was in good standings. Verizon: $240.00. Global Paments $890.00.  Assest Acceptance: Settle for $1200.00. 

I PAID all of the without a PFD Smiley Mad  I learned about this after the fact.  However, I still had one collection that I forgot about...GOOD THING.  Its an old nextel bill.  They agreed to delete if i pay the full amount (855.00).  I paid that this week so i should see another huge in crease in a few weeks or days. Smiley Happy

In the past couple of months I received a secured visa card, 250.00 limit and a crown jew. account.  Both of these are under 9% util. 
Other than those two accounts, i have a mortgage ( which was in pre foreclosure earlier this year: and i am depruting this) and a auto loan from chase.  Everything has been current for the past few months and it is paying off.  It seemed like i was hearing all these success stories from everyone else but wasnt seeing it myself.......and them BAM!!!! and alert for equifax saying that my score increased from a 508 to a 539.  This morning received another alert!!!!!!  579!!!!  This is with the collection on my file.  Hopefully once its gone, it will put me in the 600's.

My suggestions is the keep everything current and keep those utl low low low.  Doing this consistantly will bring you score up. 
I still have a couple of paid collections on file but I GW every other week. I'm really not having too much success with them.  One of them will drop of in Oct 09Smiley Indifferent

Once again thank you to myfico and all those who contribute to helping me out.  When i hit the 700 club, party on me........thats how i got the situation im in now!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.