Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut CLI?

I did the Fresh Start program, was given a $250 limit, charged about $220 and paid it off over 6 months. This was 2 months or so ago. They graduated me to the normal account with a whopping $250 limit. About 1 month ago I bought something for around $120, and made 1 payment a week later. Then, 2 days ago they gave me an automatic CLI of $500. 

Message 31 of 36
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did the Fresh Start program, was given a $250 limit, charged about $220 and paid it off over 6 months. This was 2 months or so ago. They graduated me to the normal account with a whopping $250 limit. About 1 month ago I bought something for around $120, and made 1 payment a week later. Then, 2 days ago they gave me an automatic CLI of $500. 

Congrats on that.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 32 of 36
dbatl14
Contributor

I had my Fingerhut Account for almost 2 years. It is great in rebuilding your credit but once you qualify for the better cards it becomes useless because their mark up is ridiculous then finance charges and shipping. There are some brands that are not marked up like Bose and few others. I bought a bunch of items when my credit was in need of rebuild.

They gave me consistent increases without asking, I think I started with like $800 and I am at $3700.

One of the the things they do and which I do not like is how they play with your CLI's:

For example they would give you a "temporary" increase for maybe an additional $1000 but to make it permanent you have to buy something for like $600, I have never redeemed those because it doesn't make sense to me to spend $600 just to get an additional $400 but yet pay alot.

So if you don't act on their offer it will show as a "decrease" on your CR after 2 or 3 months. So my score gets up and down.

IF you are needing to rebuild your credit it's good but once your credit is good, it can be a pain to manage. The only reason why I keep it is for my AA since it was a rebuilder and the older account with a pretty high CL.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 600 limit last month.  Ordered some stuff that was on clearance that made it comparable to other stores.  Had a free shipping coupon.  Doubt if I will ever buy anything again.  Don't see how their business model can be successful. Their prices are so much higher than anywhere else.  Say 40 percent higher.  The only people who are going to buy from them are people who don't intend to pay back.  

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I applied for the fingerhut card online, and was denied, i understand there is a next step? a starter card?

Message 35 of 36
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

You're right about their prices, they are marked up ridiculously and shipping is priced just as much if not more then your order. I had this card for a year and it grew every 2-3 mos. Used it twice to buy items on clearence. I started with the regular card $400 and within a year I was up to $1600. The last order I tried to prcoess was for a chaise lounge on clarence and it was lost in delivery but they had already started charging my card for it. Every other day it was a new story about where my product was. The final straw was that it was coming from 3 hours away from me (near Miami) but I never received it. So after about 2 weeks of different stories, I told them to cancel the order, refund my card and cancel my account.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.