cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Back With Chase After Charge Off...How?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Re: Getting Back With Chase After Charge Off...How?

@Callandra wrote:

If you want the Amazon Visa, would you consider the Sallie Mae MC from Barclays instead? Most Amazon purchases will yield you 5% cash back up to $750/month (exceptions being Amazon Prime membership and possibly others). Another option is to get the Amazon store card with a Prime membership for 5% back. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

I couldn't find info about $750/mo Amazon.com cash back on the Sallie Mae site...it only says on books...also, I particularly liked the Chase Visa not only for the Amazon cash back, but the earnings on restaurants and drugstores.
The problem with the Amazon.com STore card is essentially you're paying a $99/yr Annual Fee (Prime Membership), but come to think of it, with a 5% Back statement credit on all purchases, that, actually, may be quite fantastic.
Thanks for the well wishes and advice.

Message 11 of 12
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting Back With Chase After Charge Off...How?

@Repairman wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

If you want the Amazon Visa, would you consider the Sallie Mae MC from Barclays instead? Most Amazon purchases will yield you 5% cash back up to $750/month (exceptions being Amazon Prime membership and possibly others). Another option is to get the Amazon store card with a Prime membership for 5% back. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

I couldn't find info about $750/mo Amazon.com cash back on the Sallie Mae site...it only says on books...also, I particularly liked the Chase Visa not only for the Amazon cash back, but the earnings on restaurants and drugstores.
The problem with the Amazon.com STore card is essentially you're paying a $99/yr Annual Fee (Prime Membership), but come to think of it, with a 5% Back statement credit on all purchases, that, actually, may be quite fantastic.
Thanks for the well wishes and advice.

Sallie Mae gives 5% back on bookstores and Amazon.com codes a a bookstore. Smiley Happy My last order contained makeup and I still got the 5%. Smiley LOL

If you are interested in Prime (big Amazon shopper/want the free 2-day shipping/etc), the store card might be worthwhile. I think the Chase Visa gives 2% restaurants/drugstores IIRC? You could always just get a Double Cash for 2% back on everything. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.