Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Help - Equidata

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Help - Equidata

I have a final paid collection ($132 total, shows as 2 tradelines, but was same account from Cable/Internet/Phone service provider) on my EQ and EX report.  The CA is Equidata.  I paid the debt in full in Sept. 2011.  I sent them a GW letter by mail and email in Oct. 2011.  The only email I can find is their web based fillable form on their website.  I received no response and no results from initial request.  I sent another GW letter by mail and same email method in January, with so far, no response or results.

I plan to call them in the next day or two and see what happens.  If no luck, then send another GW by fax.  The only phone/fax numbers I have is what is published on their website.  I have not had any luck searching for better phone or email addresses.

Does anyone know of a real email address or a backdoor number to call?

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Goodwill Help - Equidata

Account is flagged with an alert by BBB 

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/credit-reporting-agencies/equidata-in-lake-bluff-il-1201...

According to information in the BBB files, it appears that the company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the BBB had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The BBB's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.

There is also a listing in Virginia:

http://www.bbb.org/norfolk/business-reviews/credit-reporting-agencies/equidata-in-newport-news-va-22...#

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first link that states the company is out of business, has a different address than the one reporting on my CR.  The second link that shows the business as active has the same address as the one on my CR.  So I figure that the company is still active, but just ignoring me now that they have the account PIF.

I think my next step will be calling their main number and seeing what happens.  If I have no luck, I might try another letter by mail to the CEO or another executive listed on the BBB.  With only 31 total employees, might be hard to come by a backdoor number.  Really wish I could find an email address though.

This won't fall of my CR until 2015, so I don't plan on giving up.  If I can't find another method of contact, they will be receiving regular GW letters from me for the next 3 yrs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 3 of 24
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The first link that states the company is out of business, has a different address than the one reporting on my CR.  The second link that shows the business as active has the same address as the one on my CR.  So I figure that the company is still active, but just ignoring me now that they have the account PIF.

I think my next step will be calling their main number and seeing what happens.  If I have no luck, I might try another letter by mail to the CEO or another executive listed on the BBB.  With only 31 total employees, might be hard to come by a backdoor number.  Really wish I could find an email address though.

This won't fall of my CR until 2015, so I don't plan on giving up.  If I can't find another method of contact, they will be receiving regular GW letters from me for the next 3 yrs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I had 2 old collections with them from 2007. I had paid them years ago but they still showed up on my CR so I sent them a few GW's and they agreed to delete only one of them. Here is the address I used (pulled from my CR):

Equidata

Po Box 6610

Newport News, VA 23606-0610

(757) 873-0519

Hope this helps!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement and the address.  I will update if I get a response.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

After searching and reading through posts, I found one member say they were able to find contact info through jigsaw.com.  I was able to find a few executive names and emails before being prompted to pay for additional info (very pricey).  Looks like all email addresses are first initial and complete last name follwed by @equidata.com.  Names for contacts are free to view, so putting 2 and 2 together should yield quite a few email contacts for free.  Hopefully someone else can use this info for contacting a CA.  If I have any luck with a certain contact, I will definitly post and let everyone know.

Sent an email to the VP for the Collections Division tonight to start, so we will see what happens.

Message 6 of 24
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@After searching and reading through posts, I found one member say they were able to find contact info through jigsaw.com.  I was able to find a few executive names and emails before being prompted to pay for additional info (very pricey).  Looks like all email addresses are first initial and complete last name follwed by @equidata.com.  Names for contacts are free to view, so putting 2 and 2 together should yield quite a few email contacts for free.  Hopefully someone else can use this info for contacting a CA.  If I have any luck with a certain contact, I will definitly post and let everyone know.

Sent an email to the VP for the Collections Division tonight to start, so we will see what happens.

Any luck on this? I'm hoping to have the other one removed, then that would only leave 1 collection on my CR!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 7 of 24
surfone7
Established Member

check your PM Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck so far.  Not even a response.  I just sent an email today to the CEO and another managing principal.  I will give these a couple of weeks.  If no response, I will be sending another general snail mail letter to the company address and try a different email address.  I will let y'all know if I ever get a response.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!!! After posting last night I noticed that on the original email I sent to the VP Collections I had neglected to enter a subject line. So I figured it might have got dumped as spam. So I sent another email last night to her with a subject this time. I got an email back this morning with attached letter stating that they are removing from all 3 credit bureaus! It was a good thing because the emails I sent to CEO and principal came back undeliverable. Pm me for contact info.

Hope this helps and gives encouragement to the rest of y'all. After 6 months of work, I will have a perfectly clean credit history after this deletion takes effect. I am hoping to join 750+ club now with all 3 credit bureaus! WooHoo!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.