Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG FOR SECURED CARD???!

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW LONG FOR SECURED CARD???!

SURPRISE BOOSTS ARE THE BEST!

Have you checked your FICO's yet? I wonder if the jump is even bigger?!Smiley Very Happy

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 71 of 80
MissKay
Contributor

I am waiting for my OB card also. I applied Feb 1. I was approved about a week later (per the status of application tab on website) for an unsecured cc with a $300 limit. I have not received any credit alerts, so I assume nothing has been reported yet. I also am waiting for a secured Amex from USAA. it feels like both are t,ing forever and I know it I'd just because I'm like a kid in a candy score and want to see what kind of boost I get....... If any. I read your updates all the time in hopes that you get your card lol Good luck!

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 72 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

MissKay- it should be any day now! We will all have out cards and all will be well! Thank you for the well wishes!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 73 of 80
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

U finally got THE COVETED EMAIL!!!

Message 74 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard is crap. I went wells Fargo and had it in a week.

Message 75 of 80
MissKay
Contributor

Happy dance! The card has arrived. The statements are generated on the 20th and they report to the CA at the end of each month. I hope by the end of this month I can see some boost. This is the unsecured $300 CL card. I also got my secured USAA Amex card for $250 today. Fingers crossed!

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Message 76 of 80
lundungurl
New Contributor

So, I finally got a letter of approval and made my $99.00 deposit on the 7th of this month for the Capital One secured CC with a $200 limit. How long has everyone waited after making their deposit to receive the card? I will be getting an Open Sky CC also. Mainly because I don't want another inquiry on my report. Thanks

Starting FICO's (9/26/2011) EX 586, EQ 575, TU 584
Goal: 650 across the board
Message 77 of 80
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@lundungurl wrote:

So, I finally got a letter of approval and made my $99.00 deposit on the 7th of this month for the Capital One secured CC with a $200 limit. How long has everyone waited after making their deposit to receive the card? I will be getting an Open Sky CC also. Mainly because I don't want another inquiry on my report. Thanks

You should have it within 2 weeks. I made my deposit on the 3rd. I called them last night and the CSR said the account was set up on the 7th and that I should have the card inside of 10 days. 

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Message 78 of 80
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@Lois5669 wrote:

@lundungurl wrote:

You should have it within 2 weeks. I made my deposit on the 3rd. I called them last night and the CSR said the account was set up on the 7th and that I should have the card inside of 10 days. 

it took me 17 days to get the card from the date of the inquiry. DH was approved for the HSBC card and they took the money out 10 business days ago and they finally had on the application status that he was approved for the 300 limit today finally. Now to wait to get the card.

I got the prepaid Amex within 5 days.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 79 of 80
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@Lois5669 wrote:

@lundungurl wrote:

it took me 17 days to get the card from the date of the inquiry. DH was approved for the HSBC card and they took the money out 10 business days ago and they finally had on the application status that he was approved for the 300 limit today finally. Now to wait to get the card.

I got the prepaid Amex within 5 days.

Yeah. It's a long process for sure. I was specifically talking about the Cap 1 secured card that lundungurl asked about because that was my exact situation - $99 deposit/$200 CL. I think from the time I applied until I even got to this point, it has been a month. I received another secured card from First Progress and it was a lot quicker, however, they required the entire $300 as a deposit so that is probably why.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Message 80 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.