cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW LONG TO SEE POSITIVE RESULT FROM A COLLECTION REMOVAL?

tag
RobsFico
Valued Member

HOW LONG TO SEE POSITIVE RESULT FROM A COLLECTION REMOVAL?

Hi all. Maybe someone can help me with a couple of questions I have.

Quick summary:

Approx 1 mo ago I received an alert (thank you Fico-Quarterly Monitoring) as to a large drop in my TU score from 789 to 690. Upon investigation, I found an obviously (to me at least) erroneous report by a CA as to an alleged debt. Apparently a case of mistaken identity as I had never even heard of the CA (AIS Services, LLC) and the OC turned out to be some sort of paycheck advance loan company by the name of "CashNet" , with which I had never done any business with.

I immediately paid for and received my EX and EQ reports. My EX reported 804 and my EX reported 667. The EX score had the same recent bogus CA info that was just recently sent to them but the EQ report did not.

I followed up immediately with disputes to both TU and EX using their respective normal dispute procedures i.e., TU by mail and EX on-line. I did not contact the OC or the CA as I usually like to adhere to the KISS principle where possible.

Result? This morning I received the investigation result (online) from EX and they indicate the CA report has been deleted from my file with them. BTW, so far I have not heard from TU.

Questions: How long before I will see the positive results to my EX FICO score? Can I reasonably expect my score to go back to or very near my previous score? Will I have to pay EX and TU to see my current (and hopefully updated) score? Note: Late last year my EX score was in the upper 700s as was my TU. Please bear in mind that there were were NO other negatives or complicating factors in either my EX or TU reports when all this occurred nor have there been any since.

Although I don't post much, I have lurked here for several months and never ceased to be amazed at not only the good information available, but also the willingness of many to help where they can.

Thanks in advance for any one's insight here.
Rob

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW LONG TO SEE POSITIVE RESULT FROM A COLLECTION REMOVAL?

RobsFico wrote:
Questions: How long before I will see the positive results to my EX FICO score?

Immediately after it is removed.

Can I reasonably expect my score to go back to or very near my previous score?

No clue, I'd think so if nothing else has changed.

Will I have to pay EX and TU to see my current (and hopefully updated) score?

Yes, you'll have to buy new scores. You can get updated reports after a dispute for free.

Note: Late last year my EX score was in the upper 700s as was my TU. Please bear in mind that there were were NO other negatives or complicating factors in either my EX or TU reports when all this occurred nor have there been any since.

Although I don't post much, I have lurked here for several months and never ceased to be amazed at not only the good information available, but also the willingness of many to help where they can.

Thanks in advance for any one's insight here.
Rob

Message 2 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The CRAs have 30 up to 45 days to complete the investigation. Per the FICO score, the increase on EX and EQ for sure would have been immediate. Your score would have gone back to the level it was before, assuming all else on your report is equal.

Message 3 of 19
RobsFico
Valued Member

Just for the record here, the 2 CRAs in question are EX and TU, with only EX having reported the results of their investigation thus far.

Thanks
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So have u checked yet? If so, what happened.
Message 5 of 19
RobsFico
Valued Member

Not yet but will do so (with EX) today.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok let us know...
Message 7 of 19
RobsFico
Valued Member

Yikes!! Just purchased my EX score.

826!  Even better than I expected. Man Very Happy

Now have to wait for TUs response by mail. Fingers crossed.
Message 8 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 9 of 19
RobsFico
Valued Member

Thank you very much. I have learned much here just as a lurker and will continue to do so. As soon as I receive the (hopefully positive) results of my TU investigation, I will post up.

I must say, I was a bit apprehensive going into this dispute process after having read a few posts by members regarding their bad results in dealing with this type of thing. I'm glad now I chose to use the "normal" dispute process as opposed to contacting the CA or OC directly since in my case, this was (to me at least) a clear case of mistaken identity. Talk about a sigh of relief. More so since I am contemplating a home purchase in the upcoming months.

llecs wrote:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.