cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is aggregate utilization actually calculated?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is aggregate utilization actually calculated?

@Anonymous Ok so I have more DPs and I hit my goal! I just pulled a 1B from EX and these are the changes. The Citi card now reported $0 and CO#1 balance went from $543 to $271. Those two changes brought aggregate UT from 30% to 28%. However, CO#1 reported late again for the month of November, even though I paid it in September and they credited my account in October. Under the “understanding your score” tab, it shows total amounts past due as $271, so in the eyes of EX, CO#2 doesn’t really exist in terms of the balance. 

Now for the the good news. My EX8 went +32 from 668 to 700. My EX2 went +18 from 651 to 669. I’m still curious to see if there is any added points once that past due balance reports $0 and the November late is removed. All in all, mission accomplished for now! Now I’m curious as to how high I can get on a dirty card. I’m going to pass each aggregate threshold individually on my last remaining card and track the results. 

Message 51 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Ok so I have more DPs and I hit my goal! I just pulled a 1B from EX and these are the changes. The Citi card now reported $0 and CO#1 balance went from $543 to $271. Those two changes brought aggregate UT from 30% to 28%. However, CO#1 reported late again for the month of November, even though I paid it in September and they credited my account in October. Under the “understanding your score” tab, it shows total amounts past due as $271, so in the eyes of EX, CO#2 doesn’t really exist in terms of the balance. 

Now for the the good news. My EX8 went +32 from 668 to 700. My EX2 went +18 from 651 to 669. I’m still curious to see if there is any added points once that past due balance reports $0 and the November late is removed. All in all, mission accomplished for now! Now I’m curious as to how high I can get on a dirty card. I’m going to pass each aggregate threshold individually on my last remaining card and track the results. 

@Anonymous congratulations indeed! And nice data! 

we don't know for sure that the Experian interface accurately reflects what the algorithm is doing. We do know the MF Score ingredients was created by the same analytics team that created the algorithm.

But that's very interesting and it does add weight to the argument and from the other data points that you gave me, it seems like you might be right and I will be very interested in your upcoming data.

I think you may be right on this theory: At two years sleeping, COs may be taken out of revolving utilization and only accounted for under the payment history category. 

@Anonymous @Anonymous 

Message 52 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous congratulations indeed! And nice data! 

we don't know for sure that the Experian interface accurately reflects what the algorithm is doing. We do know the MF Score ingredients was created by the same analytics team that created the algorithm.

But that's very interesting and it does add weight to the argument and from the other data points that you gave me, it seems like you might be right and I will be very interested in your upcoming data.

I think you may be right on this theory: At two years sleeping, COs may be taken out of revolving utilization and only accounted for under the payment history category. 

@Anonymous @Anonymous 

Interesting theory!

Message 53 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous So I have my final DP on this issue. Today, CO#1 finally updated to $0 and the late on that account for November was removed, since I had proof it was paid prior to that. My EX8 went up +15 from 700 to 715 and my EX2 + 18 from 669 to 687! Needless to say, I’m extremely happy! Thanks everyone for your advice and support. 

Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous So I have my final DP on this issue. Today, CO#1 finally updated to $0 and the late on that account for November was removed, since I had proof it was paid prior to that. My EX8 went up +15 from 700 to 715 and my EX2 + 18 from 669 to 687! Needless to say, I’m extremely happy! Thanks everyone for your advice and support. 

@Anonymous Congratulations! What was the remaining balance on charge off #1? And was it regularly updating? 

Message 55 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  The remaining balance was $272 and it was regularly updating every month. 

Message 56 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  The remaining balance was $272 and it was regularly updating every month. 

@Anonymous sorry I've been gone for a couple days well congratulations that definitely supports the theory and I think it's a pretty good theory, we're gonna have to continue to watch the data points.

Thank you for your testing and providing all the data points you did. Great job!

Message 57 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  You’re welcome and thanks for your advice and help!

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.