cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Navient and Sallie Mae Negative Information now that Student Loan has been Rehabbed?

tag
tk-2018
Valued Member

Re: How to Remove Navient and Sallie Mae Negative Information now that Student Loan has been Rehabbe

Quick update on mine I had all mine removed from my Experian report as of yesterday .. Now waiting for TransUnion to follow suit and then Equifax.
Chapter 7 6/22.
Fico 8's As of Jan. 15, 2023:

Verge 750

Message 11 of 20
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: How to Remove Navient and Sallie Mae Negative Information now that Student Loan has been Rehabbe

@tk-2018 wrote:
Quick update on mine I had all mine removed from my Experian report as of yesterday .. Now waiting for TransUnion to follow suit and then Equifax.

Congrats!!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow TK!!!! That's super encouraging, did you call or write a letter?  I'm going to make my call very soon, I was working up the nerve to do it.

Message 13 of 20
tk-2018
Valued Member

As of today TransUnion also removed mine so now both those bureaus are much higher than they were. I been cleaning my reports up through 609s or a letter similar to that.
Chapter 7 6/22.

Verge 750

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey TK, what is a 609?  Is there a template online anywhere?

Thanks!

Message 15 of 20
tk-2018
Valued Member

Yes if you do a google search you can find them they key is you gotta use them the correct way.
Chapter 7 6/22.

Verge 750

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I had the same issue of 7 loans that were in def at the time report 90 days late. I tried disputing it 3 times with each CRA and still no luck getting it removed. I even have the loan documents showing all 7 loans were in def at the time they reported the lates. There were all Sallie Mae loans from 2013. Any ideas what to do next?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!! This is incredible! 

i'm looking to remove mine can you please provide any info! I need a little help! they aren't budging smile.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Any insight...I have 9 accounts that are currently deferred but have late payments on my credit....any insight you have that could help me contact the right people to get mine removed would be so appreciative. 

thanks 

@tk-2018 wrote:
As of today TransUnion also removed mine so now both those bureaus are much higher than they were. I been cleaning my reports up through 609s or a letter similar to that.

be so appreciative . 

Message 19 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As noted in an earlier reply, the Higher Education Act includes provisions that both require creditors/servicers to report derogs to the CRAs and also removes any of the normal exclusion periods for those derogs that are provided for under the FCRA until the loan has been repaid.

If your federal student loan is of a type that is designated under the Higher Education Act, then they cannot grant good-will exclusion of derogs, and the derogs will not become excluded under the provisions of the FCRA until the loan has been paid.

Rehabbing removes the separate reporting of a prior default status, but does not also mandate removal of derogs or subject them to the credit report exclusion provisions of the FCRA if the loan is of a type covered under the provisions of the Higher Education Act.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.