Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inq I did not do?.

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Inq I did not do?.

So while I look over my reports I see 5-10 inq that I didn't authorize before I was ever interested or had credit. I went to my local PD and filed a report, about 1 year old on all , all the same day. Is there anyway to get these deleted? I have the report copy to show the CRA?.

Has anyone ever had to deal with this?.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Inq I did not do?.

I don't see why you couldn't dispute these if there is a way you can verify this. This may also trigger some sort of fraud alert maybe? Hopefully, someone else who has experienced this can give you more direction.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I tried starting a new online dispute but it won't let me dispute any inq just accounts, all are mine but these inq are to (AT&T) and such that I never authorized and all on the same day Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I tried starting a new online dispute but it won't let me dispute any inq just accounts, all are mine but these inq are to (AT&T) and such that I never authorized and all on the same day Smiley Sad

I would be much more concerned with the fact the SOMEONE was trying to steal your identity. The inquiries themselves are the last thing I would be worried about. They are a year old for one, so they are not scored, and they will be gone entirely on their own at 24 months of age.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What specifically do you mean when you say you see inquiries that you did not authorize?

Your specific authorization is not required in order for a party to pull your credit report.

Authorization is automatic if the inquiree has one of the permissilbe purposes listed under FCRA 604.

Do you at least recognize the parties as ones with whom you had some type of prior businsess transaction?

If the inquiries are from different parties, there is likely either some permissible purpose, or some mixup.

It is not likely that multiple, unrelated parties all commited identity theft on the same consumer in a short period.......

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

What specifically do you mean when you say you see inquiries that you did not authorize?

Your specific authorization is not required in order for a party to pull your credit report.

Authorization is automatic if the inquiree has one of the permissilbe purposes listed under FCRA 604.

Do you at least recognize the parties as ones with whom you had some type of prior businsess transaction?

If the inquiries are from different parties, there is likely either some permissible purpose, or some mixup.

It is not likely that multiple, unrelated parties all commited identity theft on the same consumer in a short period.......

No but it is likely that ONE person would try to open a number of different accounts all in the same day.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.