Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bill in collection PIF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bill in collection PIF

Good morning,

I have 2 collection from Receivable Managment Group, this was for 2 hospital trips i had to take in 2016. i recently started to rebuild and this are the only 2 baddies left on my credit. I tried to do a PFD with RMG but they did not want to put it in writing so i just went ahead and called the OC and they agreed to take a full payment. I Payed the account in full with them.

How do i get this off my credit at this point only RMG is showing on my credit. Do i do a hippa letter or that would not work since i already tried to do PFD with RMG?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical Bill in collection PIF

A debt collector is instructed by the CRAs not to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt.

If you chose to pay directly to the creditor while the debt collector still retained collection authority, there is no basis for requring deletion of the collection.

Deletion of a collection by paying the creditor is only required if the creditor has first teminated the assignment of collection authority to the debt collector before the debt was paid.

Remedy at this point would be to contact the debt collector and request their good-will deletion of the collection.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Bill in collection PIF

Update on this both of them where removed off my account, however im not sure if they where going to be removed on their own.

i just made a dispute and they where deleted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.