Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: NCO

This is encouraging, drgnldy!

Lot of errors over the years on the reporting of my Cap1 acct also, which is why I'm having to get an atty's help on that part. As advised, Cap1 is only one reporting.

I havent gotten another letter from NCO in the last few weeks, but do have a couple where settlements were offered..but considerably higher than I can afford or think fair.

But I think now I might give it a try--emailing Lisa referencing their offer, etc, to work out the settlement. She wont be able to help with Cap 1 reporting I dont think, but at least I'll be getting it paid.

Message Edited by rom828 on 04-05-2008 08:48 AM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent you a private message Rom
Message 12 of 30
rom828
Established Contributor

Replied to PM....Thanks!
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 13 of 30
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ive emailed her and have not received a response yet!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do any of you have samples of the email requests you sent?
Message 15 of 30
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

This is the letter I sent her:

This is in regards to my account #XXXX  I am hoping that you can assist me in the reporting of this account.  I have disputed this account with the credit bureaus and the information that is being verified continues to report incorrectly.  I paid this account in March 2007.  Your office shows that this account was paid at that time.  However, the account was not closed when I paid it as it should have been.  In fact, I continued to receive calls from NCO until I was able to contact one of your service reps in August.  At that time, when I had spoke to the CSR, he was still trying to collect on the account.  I had to tell him that I had paid the settlement offer that NCO had sent me and that collection activity was supposed to have been ceased on the account.
    He told me that there was no record of any settlement offer ever having been made, but that it did show my payment of $1000 in March.  Only because I had kept the original copy of the settlement letter and was able to fax it, was I able to prove that the offer was concluded from your company.  I had requested a callback to confirm that the account was closed properly, but I never received one and, in fact, had to call several days later to confirm the account was closed.  Nor did I ever receive a letter from NCO to show the account was paid as I had also requested until just recently when I called your company again.
    The credit bureaus have consistently reported not only that the account was closed August 2007- six months after payment was made- but I am also having issues with the account being listed as an open revolving account in collection with a tradeline of 120+ days late which continues to update to the current month making it appear to be a recent collection action instead of showing correct current information.  I  cannot understand why this account is continuing to be reported as closed 6 months after payment instead of in March when it was supposed to be.  Much less that it is still updating as a collection one year later.
    My request is this:  I would greatly appreciate it if NCO would delete this account from my credit bureau reports since it is continuing to be misreported bringing my credit profile down significantly and is not even aging which is making it worse.  I admit that I am at fault for the account being defaulted on.  At the time, I was married to a man who had no compunctions about ruining my good name and credit.  While he was frequently out of work, I was the sole income trying to support my house and children and had to use everything I had to keep us housed and fed.  Up until the time I married, I had perfect credit, and I have worked very hard paying off all my defaulted debts since my divorce.  At this time I have paid all my collections while keeping up on my current debts and would appreciate your help in allowing this account to be removed from my credit file so that I can show the progress that I've made.  I will soon need to be seeking new credit avenues for appliance purchases since my furnace and washer need replaced, and will need a good enough credit score in order to do that which I cannot do while these problems are continuing.
    Again, I would really appreciate your assistance in this matter.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried Mike B on last week too and have not heard back. I just saw the other email to Lisa. I forwarded her my email from last week. We'll see what happens
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok the results are in but not what I expected. First of all because these old accounts were paid I did not have the original account numbers. On My-Fico it only list the last 6 numbers of the account. I used that and Mycreditkeeper.com which list the first 5 numbers. I put those numbers together then shot over the email. I didn't receive a response to my email but when I got home last night there was a letter in the mail from NCO. Than you for your inquiry regarding the above-referenced accounts. Please be advised that the above referenced accounts are closed in our office as settled. In addition please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus with which we do business with our request to update our listings of the above referenced accounts as settled on your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records. Please be advised that NCO financial systems inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above accounts on your credit profile. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry. Very truly yours, Lisa Signore VP Legal Compliance Department The same day I received a Eqfx score alert email saying my score went up 4 points. Then I pulled my TU reports and had a 20 point increase. I was sure it was because it was deleted. Then when I clicked on collections they were still there. I pulled Experian and saw a 4 point increase and one was deleted. What gives???
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just emailed Mike as welll, we'll see......I am helping my fiance fix his credit as well as looking for ways to improve mine...

Does anyone have any contacts for Syndicated Office Systems?  Do I contact them or the OC to get those types of collections removed? 

Also SCA Collections and Jon Barry & Associates, lastly Absolute Collection Service.

My fiance's score is only 584 because of these collection accounts (they are all paid now), and he has one mortgage account which only has one 30 days late report. And he has a Premier Credit card which is positively reported....what else can we do to get his score up?????????

Thanks to everyone for their excellent advice.

B

Message Edited by Scutterbug on 04-14-2008 08:43 AM
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.  I emailed Lisa and received a letter in the mail that they deleted one of my old NCO accounts, and are reviewing the other for deletion. 

They were old hospital accounts and I tried to PFD thru the reps but had no luck.

Good luck, she was really fast.  It was a pleasant surprise to say the least.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.