cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice for CCS (Credit Collection Services)

tag
theheater30
Contributor

Need Advice for CCS (Credit Collection Services)

In October of last year I had a collection from Comcast go there for $105, I paid it and was told I paid it in enough time that it would not be reported. I paid it 10/30/2011 and they reported it to my credit report on 11/3/2011! So I called them to have this fixed since I was told I paid it early enough that it would not report.... CCS told me that although I paid it before the "deadline" they begin processing it 10 days prior to the deadline so basically I'm SOL... I have tried to dispute it but with no luck.

So what should I do now? Is this a good time to send GW letter? I'm new to all of this so I'm not sure what I can do if anything.

Thanks for any feedback!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Advice for CCS (Credit Collection Services)

I'm not sure how receptive they will be after you have disputed, but yes, start GWing them. If the first one doesn't work, give it several weeks and try again (wash, rinse, repeat). It's your only option other than waiting for it to fall off on it's own, so can't hurt to try. Go for it Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
theheater30
Contributor

Thanks for your response.... it feels like rebuilding credit is almost impossible! Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

I feel like that some days, too. Believe me..I'm sure we all do. Hang in there..don't give up and it will happen Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Have you gotten anywhere with CCS yet? 

I just paid my bill to Comcast directly and I'm hoping they'll recall it from CCS so I don't have to try and work with them.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.