cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help..CA reporting incorrect information on CR..

tag
tp4973

Need Help..CA reporting incorrect information on CR..

I am in dire need of some advice. I have three "old and paid" collections on my credit report. The CA's have recently updated my CR payment status and history as collections and 120+ days late. These accounts have been closed at least 2-3 years. I have called, sent letters CMRRR to the CA's, and disputed with the CRA's with no success. This has been going on for at least 6 months. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help..CA reporting incorrect information on CR..

tp4973 wrote:
I am in dire need of some advice. I have three "old and paid" collections on my credit report. The CA's have recently updated my CR payment status and history as collections and 120+ days late. These accounts have been closed at least 2-3 years. I have called, sent letters CMRRR to the CA's, and disputed with the CRA's with no success. This has been going on for at least 6 months. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Never dispute with the CRAs unless they are reporting wrong!  They will update & FICO may see them as new.

You need to know what the DOFD/DOLA was for all debts.......If medical you handle different from other paid or unpaid debt!

What were the debt for.....CC, or other loans?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help..CA reporting incorrect information on CR..

Let me make sure I understand this correctly...You paid the accounts off several years ago... but the CA is still reporting as "unpaid" and they keep tacking on late marks? Did you pay the CA directly, or did you pay the OC?

If this is what's happening to you, the same thing just happened to me, and here is what I did:
1. I sent the CA an 'tart' letter about all four accounts they were reporting incorrectly via CMRRR.
2. The next day, I sent a copy of that letter to EQ with PROOF to support my claims. (Proof that the bill was paid by insurance, proof of when the bills were paid, letters from the OC's, receipts for payment in full, etc.) I would have sent this to EX and TU also, but I already had active disputes pending with them and wanted to see those results first.

Less than a week later... all four accounts that had been listed by this particular CA were deleted from all three of my credit reports. I would only recommend this strategy IF you know for a fact the accounts are being reported inaccurately. In my case, I first disputed the errors online directly with the CRA's. EQ finished their investigation in two days, and verified all the inaccuracies. (I was not a happy camper... which is why EQ and the CA both got 'frank' letters from me.)

If this is the case with you... let me know. I'll show you where to find a copy of the letter I sent. You might be able to modify it to your own circumstances and give it a try.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.