Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Example Letter

lukej wrote:
First Post - new here as well, great forums! I am going to use this sample for two medical claims I just discovered when pulling my reports on this site. Both seem to have been in my wife's name but since I was the primary on the insurance they are showing up on my reports.

Two questions:

1. In addition to the PFD to the CA should I also dispute the records directly with all three CRAs?

2. Can I dispute them with the CRAs on the grounds that they were my wife's accounts?

Thanks in advance!

1. What would you dispute? Are there inaccuracies on the account?
2. YES! Dispute as NOT MINE.  

Message 51 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great! I will use this to settle the delinquent revolving debt balances on my credit report
Message 52 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a mortgage loan officer - I have given this letter to clients who were doing a cash-out refinance and paying off debt - to explain that this will go a lot further to improving their credit score than either ignoring the collections or just paying them off.  Have seen people improve from 550 to 670 in a matter of months doing this.
Message 53 of 471
gidget
New Contributor

Hi Tuscani, this is a great letter.  I would like to send this PFD letter to the CA who reported my account to two credit bureaus.  If they deny my request, do you think it's likely they will also report to the third bureau as well?  I have a $55 KD closed account from a library account.  This reporting caused my FICO to plunge 37 points.
Message 54 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

gidget wrote:
Hi Tuscani, this is a great letter.  I would like to send this PFD letter to the CA who reported my account to two credit bureaus.  If they deny my request, do you think it's likely they will also report to the third bureau as well?  I have a $55 KD closed account from a library account.  This reporting caused my FICO to plunge 37 points.

Probably not, but it could happen.
Message 55 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just spoke with a debt collector and they explained to me that it's against the law to remove a debt from your credit report, unless you disputed it and won. that's the only way it can be removed. So I guess my question is how were you guys able to get this debt removed? thanx -J
Message 56 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Harlo wrote:
Hi, I just spoke with a debt collector and they explained to me that it's against the law to remove a debt from your credit report, unless you disputed it and won. that's the only way it can be removed. So I guess my question is how were you guys able to get this debt removed? thanx -J

The debt collector lied (imagine that)!
Message 57 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just one question, In the example letter you mention paying the account in FULL and also attaching 25.00$ I just want to make sure that is in ADDITION to your account balance or should I replace the 25.00 with the amount owed. Thanks in advance!
Message 58 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

jessicaldale wrote:
Just one question, In the example letter you mention paying the account in FULL and also attaching 25.00$ I just want to make sure that is in ADDITION to your account balance or should I replace the 25.00 with the amount owed. Thanks in advance!

Use whatever dollar amount your balance is unless you want to settle for less than full amount.  In that case, use that dollar amount.  I would suggest reading up on the ramifications of settling for less than owed though, if that's what you want to do.
Message 59 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three collections that I dispute- they are mine but..

Ok, here is my question re: which I should use first PFD or GW.

I have three medical collections which I swore that I would not pay because I did not agree with them but they are killing my credit- I know they are.

One is for around 95.00 for a stinkin' leg air brace that I had no idea they would charge me extra for and my insurance didn't pay. The brace is a piece of junk that never helped my severely sprained ankle and I was horrified to find they charged me that much and didn't even ask for my approval before they did it.

Another one is about 110- I can't remember unless I specifically pull up my report- that was related to this same incident, that again, the hospital didn't get pre approval for-- I think it was an X ray and then when I went back to my insurance they refused to pay.

The third is from another incident in the ER- and because the Dr. thought me and my friends had been out drinking- he put in an insurance code that we were under the influence and the insurance refused to pay. I didn't think it was fair that the Dr. could code it whatever he wanted-- I understand about ER usage driving up hospital costs, etc- but again, it was the principal.

Bottom line- these were about two or three years ago, since then I have pulled the straight and narrow regarding my credit and my life in general- and have been struggling since I got married to do everything possible to take care of my financial well being and save money and learn all I can about finances etc. Since my husband and I married I have read book after book on real estate and finances and yet, I feel in this forum I have learned more about credit scoring than I ever did in the books.

Back to the gist of the post- I know these charges are mine- but again, the childish side of me never has wanted to pay them because I felt I was being overcharged without my permission. Yet it is killing my credit.

Bottom line again- I would really like to have these deleted rather than just show "paid as agreed"- I did that a long, long time ago- about 7 years ago- and found those just stay on my credit. So again, bottom line- can I start out with a PFD letter rather than GW to try to get these off?

Also- if I get these off- these are the ONLY negative things showing on my report- any other account I have is young but never even one day late- so do you foresee my credit score jumping up and how much do you think it will?

My scores are 660-675.

Any quick answer is appreciated!
Message 60 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.