Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Example Letter

ficohelp wrote:
Has this worked for anyone?  I heard the CA cannot remove, legally, only marked paid in full, or settled.  I am disputing with a CA right now, and I don't know if I should pay in full, because they wont cooperate. 
Anyone heard of Oxford Managment Services...if yes, what was your experience with them.
Thanks.

You heard wrong. Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 471
sl
Established Contributor

This is for those who have wrote a PDF and got a response. How long does it take to get a response and if they decline a PDF do they generaly write you? Thanks in advance for your answers. Sadie
Message 22 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sl wrote:
This is for those who have wrote a PDF and got a response. How long does it take to get a response and if they decline a PDF do they generaly write you? Thanks in advance for your answers. Sadie

Response can depend.. You should hear something within 30 days.
Message 23 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you come up with the "settlement amount"?
Message 24 of 471
sl
Established Contributor

In my letter, I did not ask for a settlement amount, I am willing to pay the entire bill as I owe it and even if I don't get a PFD delete letter I will pay. I am trying to clean my credit up and this and AMEX are what is keeping my score at 635.
Message 25 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

There is no standard offer amount.. but 50% seems to be popular.
Message 26 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a small medical debt $85 from 2001 that went to collections on 1/2003. Never heard from the CA. It is now SOL, but there is still this TL (the only one left).

Should I let sleeping dogs lie - or send this letter? This is the only negative TL on my EX report (FICO 648). Worth it to offer 50% to PFD? Or too much hassle for something that will naturally drop off.

thanks

Message 27 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent. I saved it. Thank you. :-)
Message 28 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Phouchg wrote:
I have a small medical debt $85 from 2001 that went to collections on 1/2003. Never heard from the CA. It is now SOL, but there is still this TL (the only one left).

Should I let sleeping dogs lie - or send this letter? This is the only negative TL on my EX report (FICO 648). Worth it to offer 50% to PFD? Or too much hassle for something that will naturally drop off.

thanks

If the DOFD is 2001 I would just let it age off.
Message 29 of 471
lwill023

Thanks very much,

I used the letter and got the following signed response today:

"In response to your letter on the above referenced account we have reviewed or records.  If payment in full of 100.91 is received in our office no later than June 7, 2007 we will notify the credit reporting agencies to remove our entry on the above referenced account from your credit report"

I mailed letter off 5/11/07, and received response in mail today 5/26/07, but their address is local to me so I was hoping for a quick response.  Since it was a small amount for a past medical bill I offered full payment, which I will be mailing on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. Once again thanks.
Message 30 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.