Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA Collections from 2017 Changed to Current 2019

tag
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Re: PRA Collections from 2017 Changed to Current 2019

Agreed, however, these are not the 2 that I made payment arrangements on. 

I started with a total of 5 PRA collections.  2 accounts have been paid and being removed.  1 account I have not addressed and there is no change to the monthly reporting by PRA.  2 accounts they brought up when I called about the 2 I was setting up payment arrangements.

I now have 3 PRA collections - 1 account that does not show any change to "New", 22 months old.  2 accounts that I have not addressed with PRA, 22 months old, and all of a sudden they both show as "New".

Message 11 of 16
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Also, those 2 PRA collections on the Credit Karma site, show as "High Impact".  All PRA accounts show last reported on 10/08/2019.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The designation of "NEW" given by Creditkarma does not mean that they are new collection accounts. It simply means that the information provided by those accounts has been updated since your last Creditkarma update which occurs weekly. It's that simple.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Furthermore if they are valid collections accounts, which you seem to indicate that they are, then they are within their legal right to update the status for 7 years from the DOFD whether you have discussed them or not. So be prepared for them to be notated as "new" whenever your Creditkarma account updates from now until about 2024. As noted, the only way to stop the updates is to either settle or pay the collection accounts in full. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Message 14 of 16
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma has been reporting these since 2017 from PRA already.  They just changed to "High Impact" on Credit Karma when other monitoring agencies...Experian, MyFico, Wells Fargo, Captial One, etc, started showing them as "New".

I am not trying to beat this into the ground, however, I am getting the impression from the responses, I am reading that you and others believe that they have just started reporting to the credit bureaus.  That is not the case.

All of my other collections, including the other still remaining PRA collections, do not have this distinction.

All collections are updating weekly on Credit Karma since 2017 - only the 2 I have identified are showing as High Impact (that has only been added since I called)

"shrugs shoulders"  I will just let this mattert lie on here, as I feel I have either hit a wall, or running it around in circles.

Thank you for your comments.  They are appreciated.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that you are frustrated, so let me try to reassure you that nothing is wrong a little differently. I am not under the assumption that your accounts just started reporting, but they may have just recently been updated as a result of your contact with PRA. If you look at your Creditkarma account you will see the factors listed under each bureau indicate that the following are ALL high impact:
1.Payment History
2.Credit Card Use
3.Derogatory Marks
This means the above three factors will impact your credit score the most. The mere presence of derogatory marks i.e. collection accounts has a high impact on your credit score as indicated by the score drop and the tag "High Impact". Whenever your collection account updates as "failure to pay", your credit score takes a hit (negative points) and Creditkarma updates your derogatory account to "New". If your collection accounts had been sitting dormant and not updating as failure to pay monthly, then they were updated when PRA settled your other accounts resulting in the "NEW" credit activity being updated (continued failure to pay) and your score to drop in accordance. The only way to remedy this is to also settle these accounts or pay them in full. I hope that helps. Once again, good luck to you in your credit endeavors.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.