cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC DELETED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC DELETED!

Were you successful with a PFD? I have been trying for some time now with no luck! Ugh!

Message 61 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any tips you can provide for dealing with these folks would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 62 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 from PRA removes w/o paying them. Still have 2 left. The other 2 collection passed SOL. I spoke to the briefly for PDF. They agreed but won't send me a letter. I told them send me a if you guys change your mind. I did received two letters from them asking to contact them again which I did not. Instead I sent them the letters again with a check attached with the account # i owed them listed in the check.and note at the back. Stating Deposit if the person signing agreed to delete the threadline with last 4 digit of the account listed. Will wait again. Sorry about the typo. Was writing on the phone.

I think this is the best strategy to deal with PRA at this time.  Long ago when I used to work at an attorney office, we used to do this method in dealing with medical collection agencies on behalf of our clients.  I'm planning to use this method myself except my I'll state that "by cashing the check, PRA agrees to delete the collection account from all credit report agencies within 30 days.  If the collection account is not removed, then it is a violation of an agreement, and PRA is liable for any punitive damage."  Need to clean up the wording of my letter first before mailing it out, but the check I'm sending out is PIF.  Of course, I will not accept this account is mine, only wanting to resolve this matter amicably so I can move on with my life. 

Message 63 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of doing this but I'm afraid I'll just lose my money and the account will be left on my file. Its only $324 so I am willing to PIF but they won't agree to it even after I've sent several PFD letters. If this works for you I may give it a shot!

Message 64 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking of doing this but I'm afraid I'll just lose my money and the account will be left on my file. Its only $324 so I am willing to PIF but they won't agree to it even after I've sent several PFD letters. If this works for you I may give it a shot!

IMO, it all depends on how long you still have left for it to be on your report.  If it's still a while and the amount is not large, might as well  take your chance with this method and pay it off so they do not keep updating monthly, at least.  I mean afterall, they all have quotas to meet near the end of the year.

Message 65 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of last activity is Sept 2012. So Its gonna stick around for almost 2 more years! I'd really like it to dissapear totally. I'm fine with paying for it if it gets deleted.

Message 66 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is due to fall off at the end of next year.  I'm planning to do the check as an agreement to delete method beginning of next year.  If PRA doesn't bite, I'll just wait until summer and start requesting EE.  I need to age my recent accounts anyway.  

Message 67 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they didn't deposit the check but got a letter for me to call the. Oh..well I only have 2 years for that threadlines to fall off and it's not affecting my score anyway. No plans for big loans. That gives me two years to save money to buy a house.. likely my score will be on excellent. Sorry for typo using my old phone..
Message 68 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow they wont budge even when you already sent in the check huh. Why are they so dedicate in ruining people life is beyond me

Message 69 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you still have some tips I would be more than happy to have them. Started to rebuild checked credit and I have three accounts with them
Message 70 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.