Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick credit report question.

tag
ccoaston
Contributor

Quick credit report question.

If i have some things on my credit report that show as paid but is still visible on my credit report to resolve this. Do I just create a dispute on the things that need to be removed, or corrected. My current job and addresses on the different credit bureaus are form jobs I had 5+ years ago. Will this raise my score?

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Citi Bank diamond perffered - 5k
Discover - 5k
Amex blue cash perffered - 2k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quick credit report question.

Even if paid, the original creditor, colelction agency, judgment, or whoever is reporting can still report. Federal law dictates how long something reports, paid or otherwise, and it is generally 7 years from the date of first delinquency if a negative account.

You can get stuff removed early. Don't dispute! Post what is reporting and someone will help with the right letter to get it removed.

Demographic info like your name, job, address, etc. have no impact at all on your FICO score. Changing them won't help your FICO score. The info comes from the creditors that are reporting on your credit report right now.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.