Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured loans wash and repeat

tag
Caitt
Regular Contributor

Secured loans wash and repeat

Hello. I was told to get a secured loan of 200 and pay it within the month and wash and repeat. Does this affect your aoaa? Will this help my credit?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: Secured loans wash and repeat

Where would you get a loan that low?

And you mean pay off the entire thing right away?

Message 2 of 4
Caitt
Regular Contributor

I have CDs I can borrow against. But with a secured loan they do not do inquiries due to it being your money you are borrowing. I do mines thru my credit union. Yes get 1 and pay it off within 21 days and then get another and pay it off the same way.
Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Caitt wrote:
Hello. I was told to get a secured loan of 200 and pay it within the month and wash and repeat. Does this affect your aoaa? Will this help my credit?

If each loan is reported as a separate one, it can annihilate your AAoA rather quickly unless you have 30+ accounts that are several decades old. 

The point of secured loan is to get one with a lender that would allow you to immediately pay it below 9% and push next payment well into the future, so you can get benefits of a low utilization loan without doing exactly what you described above 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.