Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle or PFD?

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Settle or PFD?

I have a Chase account which is in default and I owe over 1000 on it.  I was hoping to save up the money and offer a pay for delete.  I am hard up for money because I am trying to pay down everything else and they offered to settle for like $400.  I was wondering if you guys thought it would be in my best interest to just wait it out and try to pay it in full down the road or settle now?  Thanks!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Settle or PFD?

I would personally do PFD so it is off your report completely. I have not heard many success stories of GW to Chase. 

Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Can you give a little more info?  When was last date of activity (ie when will this drop off credit report)?  How is it showing up on credit report?  Who owns it now etc.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for being vague.  Let me check my CR and get back to you! Thanks

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I never have success getting banks to pay for delete so I just work on getting settlements in the 30% range and get it update to $0 balance and move on.

I wish someone could tell me how to get banks to agree to a delete or remove of lates!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.