Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app again or what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I app again or what?

I currently have a secured card w/ OpenSky for $200, an unsecured w/ CreditOne for $400 and was just approved yesterday for a Cap1 Platinum and QS1 for $300 each. To my knowledge my scores are in the 580s and I'm also waiting on some balance updates in the next week or so, so hopefully that helps my scores. Should I apply for another cc right now or wait until the Cap1s hit my report? What cc would I qualify for? I'm hoping to pay off my CreditOne and close it before the next annual fee is due in May but would like at least 3 unsecured cards.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I app again or what?

Secured versus unsecured really doesn't matter in terms of score.

I'd stay put and close the Credit One before the fee hits. Maybe consider adding an installment loan if you don't already have one
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I've got 2 car loans and 2 small student loans already.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and I only mention unsecured vs secured for the fact that there's more room to grow than with some secured cards.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then use your cap one cards, hold your open sky but don't use it and the cap one cards will grow with you
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.