cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute first With CRA'S

doppler
Valued Member

Should I dispute first With CRA'S

First of all hello everyone ...been reading alot but still have ????
Should I dispute first with the cra's via score watch online or dv with each ca ...I have several...
Example of what I got on all three cra.....
oc...alltell comm...$249
ca...nco....$249
ca.....afni....$249
all the same debt

oc direct tv...$156
ca....allied inter...$156
ca...fca...$156
all the same debt

I have some more medical collections and a couple of cc thats been co but im trying to keep it brief
thanks in advance for any help
Also when contacting cra's should I send cmrrr or just the ca's
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I dispute first With CRA'S

You always want to DV before disputing via the CRAs.

Why?

In a DV, they are required to validate the debt. When you dispute, they are allowed to ask YOU for information/documentation supporting your claim/dispute.

But BEFORE you dispute or DV you want to know 3 things.

DOLA-  Date of last activity

DOFD- Date of first delinquency (or the date that it will fall off will work as well)

DOLA and DOFD you want to get from the OC. If the OC is reporting, that makes it easier.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 2 of 4
doppler
Valued Member

ok thanks that clears things up ....
would it be a good idea to pfd the oc while at the same time dv,ing the ca's
since the oc is still reporting.or just dv the ca and wait?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

DV first. But, remember, if you DV or PFD expect a heavy volume of collection activity. Have the $$$ on hand to follow-up the DV with a PFD if you agree. If the OC and CA are reporting, then, IMO, aim for the OC via a PFD and specifically reference the desire to have the CA go away too.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.