Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU early exclusion question

tag
cashcardscore
Regular Contributor

TU early exclusion question

If you do everything correcly and timing is right, now instant is instant?

<--Disputed online, patiently waiting, its been over an hour since I submitted it.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: TU early exclusion question

It's not always instant. Sometimes within minutes. Sometimes 30 days. Depends on the derogatory. 

Message 2 of 45
7774x
Established Contributor

@cashcardscore wrote:

If you do everything correcly and timing is right, now instant is instant?

<--Disputed online, patiently waiting, its been over an hour since I submitted it.

I had instant TU EEs for my C/Os . baddies , relatives, co- workers .. church members .. all were  instant decisions with confirming emails in seconds... no delays .. last ones were June1st

Remember  EEs  are for  6 months out ..i.e June 1st was for 12/1 EEs ...July1st for Jan1 EEs ..If not instant decision ,something not correctly submitted .. TU EEs are  instant for all baddies within 6 month window ..

Message 3 of 45
cashcardscore
Regular Contributor

I do not have any baddies like C/O, just old late payments.

Both of the accounts I disputed with TU are my Chase accounts. They are $0 and they are closed. I would like to see both accounts deleted. I will lose a bit of AAoA but I am not worried.

Message 4 of 45
CreditCurious
Established Member

Mine took 2 or 3 days.  

Message 5 of 45
captainsensation
Regular Contributor

All of the ones i ever did were instant. I did one july 1st that was set to fall off feb next year. I did it at 12 am and TU didnt remove it cause it was listed as 6/30. Called and asked them to removed it since it wasnt instant. Did it again at 11am and within 10 mins it was deleted. Personally, if it takes longer than 30 mins then i expect the result to be verfied as accurate.

AMEX Delta SkyMiles Blue Card: 10K, AMEX Bread Cash Back: 14.5k, PenFed PCR: 17.5K, PenFed Gold: 10K, FNBO: 8.1K, CapOne Venture: 6.1K. Chase Amazon: 3K, Gamestop 3k, Best Egg, 2.5K, GM Rewards 2K, Apple Card 2.8K, Tomo 1K, American Express 19.5K (AU), Ally 1.8K AMEX BCP 3K, Lowe's: 25K
Message 6 of 45
cashcardscore
Regular Contributor

Still nothing from TU so they will probably come back with verified data.

Happy Independance Day to everyone.

Message 7 of 45
myscoresucks2
New Contributor

We're you within 6 months?? This only goes for derogatory accounts, bankruptcies and charge offs, it does not go for late payments. 

Message 8 of 45
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@myscoresucks2 wrote:

We're you within 6 months?? This only goes for derogatory accounts, bankruptcies and charge offs, it does not go for late payments

This is a misconception here, and elsewhere. While a person may, or may not be successful getting late payments removed early. Late payments are still adverse information as defined by FCRA 605(a)(5) making them eligible for early exclusion, the same as any other adverse information from the CRAs, in accordance with their particular policies on EE (6 months, 3 months, 1 month... etc) 

I can't speak for everyone, but, I've had personal success having several late payments removed early due to "too old to report" across all three CRAs. Only Experian removed the entire account, the others removed the late payment only (not all were instant). YEMV

Message 9 of 45
myscoresucks2
New Contributor

Thank you Joe, I must have been misinformed. Sorry

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.