cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless Collection

tag

Verizon Wireless Collection

Hello,

I'm trying to figuare out the best way of taking care of this account with Verizon that on my report. It has not been sent to a third party collection agency as of yet and Verizon still owns the account right now. My goal is to take care of this and improve my score either by having this deleted or a paid if full and closed. It has six negative months reporting right now.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
lns1976
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon Wireless Collection

Have you spoken with Verizon and tried to work out payment arrangements?

They do have their own internal collections, but just because your CR still says it's being handled by Verizon does not mean they haven't passed it to a collection Agency.

I have a bill with Verizon that still shows on my CR that has been past to a collection agency.  It's still owned by Verizon and the Collection Agency has not reported yet so I'm intending to try and make arrangements with the collection agency before they report.

The best thing you can do is to talk to them and see what arrangements you can make.

Fico 8 3/27/2022 EX: 611
Vantage TU/EQ 3/26/2022: 613/613
Message 2 of 11
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

Contact Verizon and see if they can PFD if you pay in full. Utility bills are easier to get taken off your credit report if the original creditor owns the debt. I was able to negotiate with sprint last year to delete the collection in exchange for the payment in full.

Message 3 of 11

Ok,

I just got of the phone with verizon and the automatied system said that my account is no longer handle by Verizon and has been placed with EOS CCA collection agency. I gave them a call also and asked about a PFD, they told that Verzion would be the one that does the updating but they will report to them that payment or payments have been made. Has anyone ever dealt with this agency before?

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

@Martezthegreat So does Verizon still own the debt or no? Thats weird. If they dont own it then you would have to ask the agency for a PFD. If they do Verizon should still be able to handle it. I have never dealt with that agency. When it came to Sprint for me they assigned the debt to ERC but I was still able to go through sprint for a PFD and got them to agree on live chat to delete it if I paid. Once i paid they terminated ERCs authority to collect and it was removed from my report

Message 5 of 11
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

I had to call them several times, but I insisted I wanted to pay Verizon only, and then eventually someone was able to accept payment and gave me an email from Verizon stating my payment 

As for a PFD, They won't do it 

As for goodwill, extremely rare from what I've seen. I emailed the executives and got a call the next day, but they would not remove it.

I am 0-3 on my Goodwill's (3 separate companies)

But I believe I'm going to try sending 623 Letters after I dispute to verify accuracy and then follow up with an ITS if they don't respond.

Starting Scores FICO8 - 02-23-2022

Current Scores FICO8

Message 6 of 11
unas2k5

I've had a Verizon account successfully removed by contacting the corporate office I paid in full and they removed it from my credit report

Message 7 of 11
CreditIncrease11

Who did you talk to? Do you have their number/email? I had a collection from Verizon that I paid in full via EOS, but Verizon said they won't remove the collection from my report. I also disputed via CFPB, and it still remains on my CR

Message 8 of 11
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

@CreditIncrease11 wrote:

Who did you talk to? Do you have their number/email? I had a collection from Verizon that I paid in full via EOS, but Verizon said they won't remove the collection from my report. I also disputed via CFPB, and it still remains on my CR

All I can say is good luck.  I have a baddie from Verizon Wireless on my Experian and TransUnion reports from 2020 claiming that I owe over $2k, which is NOT true.  We opened an account with Verizon in early 2020 and immediately canceled it within 24-48 hours because the service/coverage was so terrible in our area and we went back with T-Mobile.  We had all kinds of problems with Verizon continuing to bill us, despite the account being closed and having only been open for a day or two.  I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and emailed the CEO and got a response from their "Executive Relations" office, who assured me that the account had been fully closed and they took care of the balance so that nothing was owed.  Then, about 6 months later, they hit my credit reports with this collection that I absolutely DO NOT owe.  I've been fighting it for a year and a half.  I emailed and called the excecutive office multiple times, but they refused to respond to my emails or return my calls and then they sent me a cease and desist.  I forwarded them the emails that they sent me in 2020 stating that the account was closed with a zero balance and informed them that this collection is totally incorrect and slanderous and needs to be removed immediately.  The account is apparently being handled by an outside CA, IC Systems, and Verizon refuses to delete.  They said in their cease and desist that I had to deal with them and to stop contacting them, which I'm pretty sure is a blatant violation of my rights for them to do that.   It's my ONLY derogatory and it's driving me insane.   I filed CFPB and state attorney general complaints, but they were totally useless.  I may have to sue.  My next step now is to mail a certitifed letter to their corporate headquarters in New York City threatening legal action if they don't remove it by a certain date.

Message 9 of 11
Natyes

HOW!? That's amazing. Here's what I got from the executive office last week: 

would first like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with our company.  I understand from reviewing your Webmail- Internet that you request a one time courtesy removal of your negative credit reporting.  

I truly appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, as it helps us become better at what we do.

We adhere to the Fair Credit reporting Act and the reporting cannot be negotiated or changed if valid. By law it is illegal to negotiate credit reporting. We do not offer courtesy removals as it puts us liable as a company.

I do apologize that our resolution is not your desired outcome. I do wish you the best in your endeavours.  

Regards,

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.