Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL AU HELP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WILL AU HELP?

Does anyone know how long it takes for an AU to show up from sears mastercard?

I signed up for the score watch today, and i have another question. When I did the simulation for a CC my score range was from lower to alittle above where it says i am now, but does that account for a hard inquiry because i could get this card without an inquiry so will it help to get a bank card if no inquiry?

and It only gave me my ex score, is there somewhere I can get my TU score?

sorry for so many questions, thanks for all the help!

Message 11 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how long it takes for an AU to show up from sears mastercard?

I signed up for the score watch today, and i have another question. When I did the simulation for a CC my score range was from lower to alittle above where it says i am now, but does that account for a hard inquiry because i could get this card without an inquiry so will it help to get a bank card if no inquiry?

and It only gave me my ex score, is there somewhere I can get my TU score?

sorry for so many questions, thanks for all the help!

YMMV based on the CCC. I'd give it a few days after your next statement date to first appear.

Congrats on signing up with SW. I recommend to immediately go into your Settings and then change your Target Score to EXACTLY match the score that you received today when you signed up. If you do this, each time your score changes, up or down, you'll get alerted. And each time your score changes, via a SW alert, new pull, etc., immediately go back in and change your score again to match that latest score. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

If you need a new CC, then by all means. If you are lacking a good mix of credit, then that'll help your score too. They estimate a lower score because the new credit will ding you, though if lacking a solid mix of CCs, that ding would turn into a gain when it first reports.

SW gave you your EQ score, not EX. You can get your TU FICO from here via one of two ways: FICO Quarterly Monitoring or "FICO Standard" (select TU not EQ). Aside from myFICO.com, you can also get your TU FICO from transunioncs.com (note the -cs) or from your lender.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANKS IIECS! I JUST SIGNED UP TO THE TU QUARTERLY MONITORING. And changed my setting score so I will get alerts.

How will I know if the AU is listing, will it show up under my accounts( sears being listed) on the scorewatch or will my length of history just change. My true TU score was alot higher than the FAKO score on creditkarma so im wondering if the AU couldve listed since last night or if the fako was just way off?

Ive also sent out some DV letters so it could be that i guess

Im excited my TU Is higher, now if I can just get one of the other two raised up to get a house!

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

how will I know that the AU is reporting....will it show up under my report like I have a new account/another account or will it just change my history catagory?

thanks

Message 14 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It'll certainly show up as a SW alert once it reports and you'll get alerted via e-mail maybe one or two days max after it appears.

For TU, I have to assume you'll get alerted. Despite my DW having this product, I cannot remember if it'll alert you to new TLs since she hasn't added anything in a year or two. You may want to double check with the product description, but I bet you'll get alerted.

EQ is traditionally faster to update than TU, so expect an alert via SW first.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. So when SW alerts me will the AU show up and Ill be able to see that card listed under my open accounts or does it just change the history. or is it just help your score but not listed since the card isnt mine, sorry Im alittle confused on this.

Im trying to figure out if the 90 point increase from the creditkarma fako to the real fico is just because the FAKO is just way off or if the AU has already shown up.

I dont see a sears mastercard listed under my accounts when I bought the scorewatch yesterday but I didnt know if it would since i would just be an AU.

sorry again if I sound dumb with this I just wasnt sure how the AU would show up on the credit report.

oh and thanks for recommending the SW it has so many helpful areas, I liked the credit simulator!!

Message 16 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

1. So when SW alerts me will the AU show up and Ill be able to see that card listed under my open accounts or does it just change the history. or is it just help your score but not listed since the card isnt mine, sorry Im alittle confused on this.

Im trying to figure out if the 90 point increase from the creditkarma fako to the real fico is just because the FAKO is just way off or if the AU has already shown up.

I dont see a sears mastercard listed under my accounts when I bought the scorewatch yesterday but I didnt know if it would since i would just be an AU.

sorry again if I sound dumb with this I just wasnt sure how the AU would show up on the credit report.

oh and thanks for recommending the SW it has so many helpful areas, I liked the credit simulator!!

With SW, you'll get an e-mailed alert that looks similar to this one below. If your score changed as a result of that new TL, and if your settings are correct (again, set the target score to always match your current score), then you'll see a mention of that too:

llecs,

There are a few changes to your credit report today:

• A new account has been added to your credit report.

Please log into Score Watch anytime to find out more.

Thank you,
the myFICO® team

____

When you log in you then can click the "Alerts" tab and actually see more detail on that TL as to who it is, balance reporting, etc. Unless you pull a new FICO report, you won't see it in any of your old reports. You can only see the alert until you do pull or purchase a new report. Once you do that, then it'll appear in your "Accounts" section of your FICO report. Of course it can easily impact your balances, AAoA, history, util, etc., but you'd have to pull a new report to see those details.

I don't know how it works with FICO Quarterly Monitoring. I do know that once the quarterly report is available automatically, everything is visible.

If you got a new report yesterday for SW due to subscribing, and you don't see it in the "Accounts" section, then it hasn't reported yet to EQ.

Ignore Credit Karma's score. It is a FAKO. Specifically, it is a TransRisk score. They calculate their score much differently than FICO. For example, their AAoA is based on open TLs only. FICO factors in ALL OC accounts, good or bad, open or closed. CK factors in inquiries for 2 yrs. FICO only for 1 year. CK doesn't factor in LOCs into util. FICO mostly does.

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANKS IIECS for clarifing. All the FACO, FICO, AU things can get confusing but I think Ive got it now. Im excited that my FICO was that much higher, now if the AU goes on my report maybe it will help more. And with some DV letters maybe there is hope I can get a home next spring!

then hopefully I'll know enough to help someone else, love this site! thanks

Message 18 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

then hopefully I'll know enough to help someone else, love this site! thanks

That's what keeps many of us around...paying it forward.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!! THE AU USER JUST SHOWED UP ON EX TODAY AND I GOT A 14 PT INCREASE! (I know thats faco score so i cant go by the 677 score but at least I know it showed up and caused an increase of some amount) It hasnt showed on EQ OR TU yet but hopefully ill get an alert soon!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.