cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I e-mail a good will letter for Capital One?

tag
Joleybear
Valued Member

Where do I e-mail a good will letter for Capital One?

If anyone has had success with Capital One removing old closed accounts or late payments, could you please help me figure out where to e-mail my goodwill letter?

The account I am requesting removal of is from 2016 and was a C/O account. I have 2 current accounts in good standing with Capital One with perfect payment history. I know it is never guaranteed, but we want to apply for our first mortgage and I could use the boost. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Where do I e-mail a good will letter for Capital One?

Cap1 will never remove a CO. Nor will any other banks. A late here or there. And that takes the stars to align. Use the search bar above for "Cap1 GW Success". You'll see plenty of different ways it was done. But no CO's.

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

ceoemail.com has the address

Message 3 of 8
Joleybear
Valued Member

Thank you very much. I think I found it. I appreciate your help.

Message 4 of 8
Joleybear
Valued Member

Someone told me they had one removed but I guess I will find out. No harm in asking. Thank you for the warning though lol I wont get my hopes up

Message 5 of 8
Vb1987

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Cap1 will never remove a CO. Nor will any other banks. A late here or there. And that takes the stars to align. Use the search bar above for "Cap1 GW Success". You'll see plenty of different ways it was done. But no CO's.

Not true.

Even on this forum there are plenty of success stories in getting a CO with capital one removed. 

I can't say it's common practice but its definitely not a "never going to happen" scenario either. 

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Vb1987 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Not true.

Even on this forum there are plenty of success stories in getting a CO with capital one removed. 

I can't say it's common practice but its definitely not a "never going to happen" scenario either. 

Read post #4.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Capital-One-CC-Chargeoff-advice/td-p/5944135 

I post what I learn from and what I've seen in the past 6 yrs on here. Does it hurt to try? No. Its next to impossible though. Even folks who succumb to hard times with Covid cant get it done after paying. Time has changed the ways creditor behave lately. Cap1 changes everyday. Hard to keep up with them. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
tcolesz12
Contributor

Cap one is very very hard to get a CO removed. I've been trying for the past 3 years and they haven't budged at all. Like members have previously said cap one changes from day to day so who knows you may get lucky. It's worth a shot to see what they say and keep trying. Good luck on your journey! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.