cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?

Lately, I have not seen even ONE credit monitoring service that allows you to cancel their "free" trials with an email or a link in the website. You are ALWAYS obligated to call in to CS so they can annoy you with the MANY reasons it is a mistake to cancel. They should all have a "cancel button" or direct email for cancelation. My reason is always the same...that I DO NOT want a "pretend" FICO score, but that never seems to be enough of a reason to forego the sales pitch. All of us know that these trials are only good to get a copy of your CR and then cancel. Even though it is a free CR, sometimes I dread hearing the sales pitch and having to say, "No thank you," a dozen times.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Lately, I have not seen even ONE credit monitoring service that allows you to cancel their "free" trials with an email or a link in the website. You are ALWAYS obligated to call in to CS so they can annoy you with the MANY reasons it is a mistake to cancel. They should all have a "cancel button" or direct email for cancelation. My reason is always the same...that I DO NOT want a "pretend" FICO score, but that never seems to be enough of a reason to forego the sales pitch. All of us know that these trials are only good to get a copy of your CR and then cancel. Even though it is a free CR, sometimes I dread hearing the sales pitch and having to say, "No thank you," a dozen times.

Score Watch and myFICO quarterly monitoring (TU) are actual Fico scores. Other websites offer FAKO scores. 

Message 2 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

How many online subscription services do you have that allow you to cancel without calling?

Message 3 of 5
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Score Watch and myFICO quarterly monitoring (TU) are actual Fico scores. Other websites offer FAKO scores. 

Yes...this is about the only place to get FICO scores. However, the call to CS is also required here, even though they say you can cancel in an email to which they never respond. A call is pretty much a necessity to cancel here as well.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 5
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

How many online subscription services do you have that allow you to cancel without calling?

Well...none. That's my point. You can NEVER just cancel without calling...Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.