Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does using credit karma lower score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

does using credit karma lower score?

Noticing that it asks for permission to pull cr from TU.  Do these count as pulls by a third party?  Or just as if I pulled like on myfico?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: does using credit karma lower score?

No, the self generated pulls do not effect score. I have found the CK score very close to my true TU FICO. So for free, it's not a bad deal.
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

My CK score has been as much as 100 points lower than my FICO TU score when pulled on the same day. Now it is about 20 points off. Ditto to the lack of score damage. It is a soft pull.
Message 3 of 5
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:
My CK score has been as much as 100 points lower than my FICO TU score when pulled on the same day. Now it is about 20 points off. Ditto to the lack of score damage. It is a soft pull.

WOW- I guess I should have said YMMV.

Message 4 of 5
907grown
Established Contributor

My CK score is 113 points HIGHER then my TU FICO, and when my CK score made a large jump, about 40 points, I got all excited, came to myfico, knowing that een though it's a FAKO score, it is still reflective of what's going on with my TU score.  Pulled score, paid 10.00 (got a promo discount code which you can find anywhere online, just google MYICO coupons), and my FICO score had not budged a point!  I was out the 10 bucks and no change!  So, I've learned it is a nice resource, I check my CK score very regularly, but take it with a grain of salt.

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.