cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interesting hipaa question, HELP PLEASE!

tag
crackers8199
Regular Contributor

interesting hipaa question, HELP PLEASE!

ok, here's the deal with my medical collection...

went to the ER in august of '05 for a spider bite, didn't have insurance at the time. collection is reporting as is shown at the bottom of this message...

i called the hospital and found that i owe them $110 for the ER visit, which is not being reported on my credit report by anyone. she then said that the $202 number is likely from the physician himself, and gave me their number. i called them and found that for the date of service and my name, the amount of $202 is in their records.

i asked for her address to send them snail mail and she replies "well, we don't have your account anymore since it's in collections, but if you wanted to send us correspondence our address is..." and then gave me the address, so i've got that. interesting thing is that the billing services address is in oklahoma, i'm in PA (and the service/ER is in PA).

i want to pay them directly, using the hipaa procedure...my question is, how does this work given that A) we're in different states and B) the lady on the phone specifically told me that they no longer have my account, it's in collections?

---

Collection on debt to: Med1 02 Pottsville Emergency Physic

The collection agency "Acct Recov" was hired to collect a debt of $202 originally owed to "Med1 02 Pottsville Emergency Physic" on account number "XXXXXX0218".

Collection agency Acct Recov Original balance $202 Current balance $202 Status Not Reported Date assigned Dec 15, 2005 Date reported Mar 27, 2006 Date last active Not Reported Date paid Not Reported Date closed Not Reported Original lender Med1 02 Pottsville Emergency Physic Account number XXXXXX0218 Type of account Not Reported Account holder Individual Type of credit Not Reported Payment status Not Reported Largest past balanceNot Reported Amount past due Not Reported Account descriptions Not Reported
Message Edited by crackers8199 on 12-17-2008 10:04 AM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.