Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I understanding HIPAA right?

tag
Journey
Regular Contributor

Am I understanding HIPAA right?

So I sent the Pre-HIPAA letters to all three CRAs. Notified today by TU that 2 of the 4 pd medical accounts deleted. The other 2 verified. So, am I now waiting for a verification from the CA? How long do I wait and what am I looking for in terms of a "true" verification?

Also, I am doing the HIPAA process for all 3 CRAs, all are listing the same 4 pd medicals. Since I have not heard from EX and EQ yet, how should I go about this to make it clear and easy? Just don't want to send letters that cause confusion because one CRA deleted and maybe another didn't.

But I am so excited that TU deleted 2 of the 4!!!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am I understanding HIPAA right?

The CRAs have up until 35 days from the day they received your disputes to complete their investigations or delete the collections.
Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may or may not hear from the CAs now. Some send almost nothing, some send a demand for money but no proof of debt, some send the name of the OC, date of service and payment information(which would be validation) and some send the actual paper you signed.

Wait on the other 2 CRs to get back to you. 

I made a spreadsheet of every collection account and updated status for each one as I got responses and then put in my next action necessary. Did DH's and mine, and it was a LOT of accounts, but we are almost done.

Message 2 of 7
Journey
Regular Contributor

Thanks likewise... a spreadsheet is a great idea!

Will do as you suggest and wait it out...should only be waiting 45 days, right?

Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Wait up to 35 days for the CRAs to complete their investigations. Did you opt-out with the CRAs and your current creditors? Did you update your personal info on your credit reports?
Message 4 of 7
Journey
Regular Contributor

Yes I did.

I know that EXP and EQ both rcvd my disputes on 2/23 and 2/24, so I will wait about another week, right?

Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The CRAs have up until 35 days from the day they received your disputes to complete their investigations or delete the collections.
Message 6 of 7
Journey
Regular Contributor

Thanks fused and likewise!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.