Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Experian try to be confusing?

tag
txbradybunch
Valued Member

Does Experian try to be confusing?

I had 6 med collections on my experian for which I hand wrote in appropriate colors 6 individual pre-hippa letters each sent CM (not RRR).  (After opting out on both sides and updating addresses)  My letters were all mailed on 4/29/2009, and to date I have received 7 letters from experian - none of which really say anything of value, and none of which provide any resolution or status on my disputes.  Of the 7 letters, 4 of them are exactly the same and appear to be a form letter of some sort.  The other three are different from the 4 and from each other.  It is really confusing!

Each letter has a report number on it, but does not reference which of my disputes that it pertains to.  When I pull up all of the report numbers on experian it shows that 5 of the 6 accounts are currently being investigated. 

Is this normal???????

To add to the confusion of this process - I had the same 6 items on my TU report.  I followed the same process with them, and to date have received 2 letters.  One letter indicated results that 4 of the items were deleted.  The other letter states that verification documents are not available and that I should contact my creditor directly.  However, I cannot tell to which dispute this letter is referring????

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Experian try to be confusing?

There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to the CRAs, and EX leads the pack. Wait for everything to be completed by all of the CRAs before try and sort things out.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.