Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Data Systems and HIPAA

tag
Journey
Regular Contributor

Medical Data Systems and HIPAA

Hi all,

On Feb 27th, the CRAs received my PRE-HIPPA letters for two paid medical accts from Medical Data Systems.

As of today, all 3 CRAs have finished their investigation, saying that the accts were verified. No word from Medical Data Systems yet. As I understand it, my case fits Scenario #3.

Have I waited long enough and can I go ahead and start scenario #3?

Has anyone dealt with this CA?

Thanks!

EDIT: I comparing the scenario letters, I am curious as to why the letter for scenario 3 does not spell out the HIPAA violation like one of the other letters does (maybe scenario 1...)? In my case, with the collection being pd long ago, they are in violation by verifying it to the CRA, right? Just wondered if it would make the letter stronger to have that in there. And, if I am completely off base due to my ignorance on this process, please forgive me and help me understand!  Thanks!

Message Edited by Journey on 04-10-2009 12:51 PM
Message Edited by Journey on 04-10-2009 12:51 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Data Systems and HIPAA

Scenario #3 is the right action to take. Write the letters as they are.Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Journey
Regular Contributor

Thanks Fused, I will do that.

One more question...I see nothing about the CRA letters for scenario 3 being sent on special paper with special font. Should I prepare them plain or as the original letters were prepared?

Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You might not be doing scenario #3. Once we know how the collection is marked, this will determine what you do next.
Message 4 of 6
Journey
Regular Contributor

I'm confused...what do you mean by "marked?"

All three CRA investigations are done, and both collections are marked verified on all three reports.

I have heard nothing from the CA, and the CRA got my PRE-HIPAA on 2/27/09.It has been over 35 days...

Does this mean I am to continue with scenario 3?

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Never mind, I confused your thread with another one. I read too much and my brain is fried. Yes, proceed with

scenario #3. Sorry about that.Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.