Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick HIPAA question

tag
blondie_keen
New Contributor

Re: quick HIPAA question

ok, so it is almost time for me to continue with the next step in the HIPAA process FUSED!

What is the next letter I need to get ready to send on April 1st since I have yet to get a confirmation/validation from the CA

thanks again! can't wait to FINALLY get this off my reports  

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 11 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Please wait until the deadline.
Message 12 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

ok it is OFFICIALLY the first day i can continue with my next step in the HIPAA process-now what FUSED??!!!

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 13 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Check your reports to see if this collection is marked as "disputed and verified".
Message 14 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

um ok...do you mean by going to each website and typing in the dispute number from the "verified" letters i received in the mail by the CRA's and check that way??

or is there another way...SORRY i'm confused

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 15 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Yes!
Message 16 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

when i pulled up my EX report on their website under the medical collection it says under the status details:

this item was verified on march 2009 and remains unchanged

i'm not exactly sure where to go on the EQ website to see my disputed status. i finally just checked the box that i was denied credit in order to see my free report online but EQ came back with a message saying they are unable to deliver my credit file online...

am i missing the page where i enter my EQ confirmation number i received in the mail???!!!!

ok so i stumbled upon this one page where i entered my confirmation # from the letter in the mail i received and all it says is that they mailed a letter to me march 6, 2009 and one on feb 13, 2009 (which is i believe for when i updated my info for the beginning of the HIPAA process)

*all the letter states is that EQ has verified that the item in question belongs to me...

on my TU page where i can view my credit file/report under the collection is listed as: date verified 02/2009

HOPEFULLY THIS MEANS I'M READY FOR THE NEXT STEP-RIGHT??

thanks again FUSED for all of your help-i'd really be lost w/o it! 

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 17 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

just patiently waiting for info on what my next step should be FUSED : )

i might get one of those "scenario letter" ready but i won't mail anything until i hear back from you

many thanks in advance again

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 18 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Since the CRAs “verified" your paid collection but the CA did not provide an accurate and complete validation, send this letter to the CA.

ALTERNATIVE MED DV LETTER TO THE CA

After you receive the green card for the Alt Med DV letter to the CA, mail this follow-up dispute letter along with a copy of the green card from the ALT DV letter to the CRA(s) CMRRR. Good luck!

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER (2) TO THE CRA'S

Message 19 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU!!

I already fashioned my letter and will send it out first thing tomorrow! So excited to get the ball rolling again.

I'll keep you all updated with my prognosis

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.