cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien

Stay safe LauraSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 11 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Stay safe LauraSmiley Happy

Thanks!  I'm taking some really cool video right now, pictures too.  It's alreay ugly but exciting at the same time.  Will pop a top (maybe 12) after it's over.  The wind gusts and sustained are already like Irma and the news is not reporting that, some locals are......power outages already, but not us. (yet)

AJC, so glad your Island didn't bare the brunt.  It's just awful for those poor Bahamians, I can't even imagine what they went through and will continue to go through for who know how long- smh.

Hope all the SC and NC peeps fare better than what's predicted.  Be safe!

Shoot, My palm trees are already getting naked at the moment- winds stripping.  Tall pines are shaking their tops like a dog with a toy. (((l)))

 

We're about to hit hide-tide so this will be interesting.  Anybody wanna buy some water front property?  I'll make you a real good dealSmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy  


"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"

Personal Credit: Synovus Tloc/Venture/Savor/Chrome gas&restaurant/Chrome Cashback/GoodSamsVisa/CareCredit/Lowes/HomeDepot
Business Credit: AmazonNet55/Amex Lowes/Dell/LowesPro/Staples/Spark
Inquiries: 9EXP, 4TU, 5EQ (most fall off by Nov 2021)
Scores: EXP714, TU737, EQ735
Message 12 of 24
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien

Yuck! I have been in a hurricane once when I lived in Louisiana. Hurricane Isaac hit us. I went to sleep when the power went out and my dad freaked because when he came to check on me I didn’t answer him and he found me in my room passed out. 

 

Apparently sleeping through hurricanes runs in my family. I’ve done it, my mother has done it, and her mother did it too. 

 

Stay safe!


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 13 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien


@Saeren wrote:

Yuck! I have been in a hurricane once when I lived in Louisiana. Hurricane Isaac hit us. I went to sleep when the power went out and my dad freaked because when he came to check on me I didn’t answer him and he found me in my room passed out. 

 

Apparently sleeping through hurricanes runs in my family. I’ve done it, my mother has done it, and her mother did it too. 

 

Stay safe!


Y'all are just cool-beans.  That's a wonderful trait!  Yeah, I think that's when we couldn't get any Indian River(florida) orange juice for a while.  So did it damage your home?


"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"

Personal Credit: Synovus Tloc/Venture/Savor/Chrome gas&restaurant/Chrome Cashback/GoodSamsVisa/CareCredit/Lowes/HomeDepot
Business Credit: AmazonNet55/Amex Lowes/Dell/LowesPro/Staples/Spark
Inquiries: 9EXP, 4TU, 5EQ (most fall off by Nov 2021)
Scores: EXP714, TU737, EQ735
Message 14 of 24
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien


@LauraC wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Yuck! I have been in a hurricane once when I lived in Louisiana. Hurricane Isaac hit us. I went to sleep when the power went out and my dad freaked because when he came to check on me I didn’t answer him and he found me in my room passed out. 

 

Apparently sleeping through hurricanes runs in my family. I’ve done it, my mother has done it, and her mother did it too. 

 

Stay safe!


Y'all are just cool-beans.  That's a wonderful trait!  Yeah, I think that's when we couldn't get any Indian River(florida) orange juice for a while.  So did it damage your home?


Nothing could have done more than what Katrina did. My dad never had the cottage I was sleeping in fixed after Katrina... you could get down on your hands and knees in the kitchen and there was about a 1 inch gap where you could see that the house had separated from the floor. I was sleeping one night and a frog from the pond came in and landed right on my mouth and I always had lizards in the house that came in from outside too. 

 

Thank god im back in Colorado. 


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 15 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien


@Saeren wrote:

@LauraC wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Yuck! I have been in a hurricane once when I lived in Louisiana. Hurricane Isaac hit us. I went to sleep when the power went out and my dad freaked because when he came to check on me I didn’t answer him and he found me in my room passed out. 

 

Apparently sleeping through hurricanes runs in my family. I’ve done it, my mother has done it, and her mother did it too. 

 

Stay safe!


Y'all are just cool-beans.  That's a wonderful trait!  Yeah, I think that's when we couldn't get any Indian River(florida) orange juice for a while.  So did it damage your home?


Nothing could have done more than what Katrina did. My dad never had the cottage I was sleeping in fixed after Katrina... you could get down on your hands and knees in the kitchen and there was about a 1 inch gap where you could see that the house had separated from the floor. I was sleeping one night and a frog from the pond came in and landed right on my mouth and I always had lizards in the house that came in from outside too. 

 

Thank god im back in Colorado. 


Did ya get warts?!? Smiley Tongue  Naw, just joking.   Did the house shift from the wind or the water, or both?  I bet that was scary as he77.  Did y'all get flooded out?  


"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"

Personal Credit: Synovus Tloc/Venture/Savor/Chrome gas&restaurant/Chrome Cashback/GoodSamsVisa/CareCredit/Lowes/HomeDepot
Business Credit: AmazonNet55/Amex Lowes/Dell/LowesPro/Staples/Spark
Inquiries: 9EXP, 4TU, 5EQ (most fall off by Nov 2021)
Scores: EXP714, TU737, EQ735
Message 16 of 24
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien


@LauraC wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@LauraC wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Yuck! I have been in a hurricane once when I lived in Louisiana. Hurricane Isaac hit us. I went to sleep when the power went out and my dad freaked because when he came to check on me I didn’t answer him and he found me in my room passed out. 

 

Apparently sleeping through hurricanes runs in my family. I’ve done it, my mother has done it, and her mother did it too. 

 

Stay safe!


Y'all are just cool-beans.  That's a wonderful trait!  Yeah, I think that's when we couldn't get any Indian River(florida) orange juice for a while.  So did it damage your home?


Nothing could have done more than what Katrina did. My dad never had the cottage I was sleeping in fixed after Katrina... you could get down on your hands and knees in the kitchen and there was about a 1 inch gap where you could see that the house had separated from the floor. I was sleeping one night and a frog from the pond came in and landed right on my mouth and I always had lizards in the house that came in from outside too. 

 

Thank god im back in Colorado. 


Did ya get warts?!? Smiley Tongue  Naw, just joking.   Did the house shift from the wind or the water, or both?  I bet that was scary as he77.  Did y'all get flooded out?  


Fortunately I didn’t live there at the time, I came down to live with him for about a year from September 2011 to October 2012 when I was fighting for disability and he had me stay out in the cottage because I didn’t get along with his girlfriends daughter. You could tell from the damage that the wind was basically ripping the cottage from the foundation. In fact I fell asleep to the rhythmic slamming of the awning that went over the porch which was flapping the whole time Isaac was beating down. 

 

Lafayette is only like 35 miles from the coast so both my dad’s house and the cottage on the grounds were built with the house itself elevated over the foundation by concrete and wood so most of the damage was limited to wind instead of flooding too. 


Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 17 of 24
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien

Stay safe @Laura:C Amazon has your backSmiley Wink

Ive got fam in NC. And SC so heres hopeing for the best.
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 18 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Stay safe @Laura:C Amazon has your backSmiley Wink

Ive got fam in NC. And SC so heres hopeing for the best.

Lol, thanks AJC!!!    

Your Family:  Are they on the Coast?  I sure hope they do okay.  Go Away Dorian!!!!


"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"

Personal Credit: Synovus Tloc/Venture/Savor/Chrome gas&restaurant/Chrome Cashback/GoodSamsVisa/CareCredit/Lowes/HomeDepot
Business Credit: AmazonNet55/Amex Lowes/Dell/LowesPro/Staples/Spark
Inquiries: 9EXP, 4TU, 5EQ (most fall off by Nov 2021)
Scores: EXP714, TU737, EQ735
Message 19 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon SC and Hurricane Dorien


@LauraC wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Stay safe @Laura:C Amazon has your backSmiley Wink

Ive got fam in NC. And SC so heres hopeing for the best.

Lol, thanks AJC!!!    

Your Family:  Are they on the Coast?  I sure hope they do okay.  Go Away Dorian!!!!


I hope they're not in Eastern NC - that area has just been hit so hard for the past few years (Matthew, Florence, and Michael).     I hate that Dorian is going to do more damage.




Garden goal: keep on keepin' on until 2020.
Faithful practitioner of AZE4or5or6
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.