Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD METAL?

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

BA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD METAL?

HI ALL,

Just got my new BA premium rewards visa (the blackish/grey one) and it sure does feel like it is metal/has metal in it like my Citi Executive AA MC. I have the cash rewards and a business cash rewards and those cards are definately plastic. But this new one feels heavier and is not flexible like a regular card. I really can not tell for certain. I happen to be a ML client and my card does have the Merril Lynch logo on it as well. Can anybody confirm or has anyone noticed this as well. Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BA PREMIUM REWARDS CARD METAL?

I assume you mean Boa or BofA, many wont realize BA stands for Bank of America as we dont use that abbreviation here on my Fico.
Message 2 of 11
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Mine is plastic fantastic 😁

I wasn’t aware of this card coming in a metal version. Actually, I wasn’t aware of any BofA metal cards.
Message 3 of 11
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Oops! My bad. Yes, BA I meant Bank of America. The Premium Reward card I just got sure feels metal.
Message 4 of 11
Kforce
Valued Contributor

New heavy plastic, the eight plastic type, wonders of chemistry ?

Message 5 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

plastic fantastic 

Made me Laugh! 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flyingmd wrote:
Oops! My bad. Yes, BA I meant Bank of America. The Premium Reward card I just got sure feels metal.

Bank of America is typically BofA, BA is usually British Airways

measure it, if its metal, it should be more than 10g.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flyingmd wrote:

HI ALL,

Just got my new BA premium rewards visa (the blackish/grey one) and it sure does feel like it is metal/has metal in it like my Citi Executive AA MC. I have the cash rewards and a business cash rewards and those cards are definately plastic. But this new one feels heavier and is not flexible like a regular card. I really can not tell for certain. I happen to be a ML client and my card does have the Merril Lynch logo on it as well. Can anybody confirm or has anyone noticed this as well. Thanks

Can't you tell by looking at it sideways? If there's no metal sandwiched in the middle, it's plastic. I have the same card and it feels pretty plastic.

Message 8 of 11
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Ok. This thing is the exact size, feel and weight as my WF Propel. 10g exactly. This sure feels metal and wondering if anyone else is a B of A platinum honors level and Merril Lynch customer. Im telling you, this thing is metal or at least contains metal!
Message 9 of 11
TSlop
Valued Contributor

My PR is branded Merrill Lynch. I'm not in any preferred levels yet, though. Mine is only plastic. I was really hoping it'd be metal since it one of, if not their highest credit card. I saw the regular design of grey changed slightly after I got mine, so maybe if I order a new card the next Merrill Lynch one might be metal? Interesting.

On a side note, the old Merrill Lynch card with the big bull in metal would be nice for Merrill Lynch Premium Rewards members....
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.