Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA WWF Customized Cash Rewards Questions

tag
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

BofA WWF Customized Cash Rewards Questions

I have been eyeing the BofA WWF Customized Cash Rewards card and I suspect it is essentially being discontinued. It appears it can still be applied for at BofA's web site slash wwf but I don't know how long that will last. Does anyone who has this card know if it has a new design where the numbers are on the back? It appears like it has been updated but I am wondering if anyone knows for sure. I'm sure it's still plastic and not metal like the BofA Premium Rewards card. I signed up for the "Defenders of Wildlife" checking account at BofA a long time ago and my debit card looks similar with a wolf on it. That debit card was just updated to have the numbers on the back also.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA WWF Customized Cash Rewards Questions

Any resources that explicitly mention the Customized Cash Rewards will be discontinued, @Alephbet? I mean, variations of it have been redesigned over the years, including the naming convention of the product itself, but all the other affinity versions seem to be active or business as usual.

I have this particular WWF version but issued as WMC (I've flopped it back and forth between VS and WMC over the years). I have not received any new replacements or design changes to the card.  It's still plastic, raised numbers and not metal. I doubt the CCR would be a contender for metal anyways.

Message 2 of 7
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

I should have been more clear. I'm just noting that the WWF affinity version no longer appears on the BofA site and I had a hard time finding it to apply for. Old links don't work anymore and I happened to try the /wwf link and it still worked. It looks like other affinity version exist that are no longer on BofA's web site so hopefully this particular version will still be available for a while and can be applied for. Thank you for the feedback.

Also, did you request the change from Visa Signature to World MasterCard or was that something that BofA just did. It seems to be a Visa on the current application and that's what I would prefer for Costco use. 

AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 3 of 7
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@Alephbet wrote:

I should have been more clear. I'm just noting that the WWF "flavor" no longer appears on the BofA site and I had a hard time finding it to apply for. Old links don't work anymore and I happened to try the /wwf link and it still worked. It looks like other "flavors" exists that are no longer on BofA's web site so hopefully this particular version will still be available for a while and can be applied for. Thank you for the feedback.

Also, did you request the change from Visa Signature to World MasterCard or was that something that BofA just did. It seems to be a Visa Signature on the current application and that's what I would prefer for Costco use. 

I won't post the link, but if you Google "Bank of America Express Yourself" the first result is a .pdf link that was created by BofA. It lists all of their current, available card options. WWF is no longer listed.

I found this out this summer when I was looking for the former Major League Baseball cards that disappeared from their website. My BofA Visa Debit is a MLB card and they have all been removed from this website and from BofA's options to apply for. When I asked them on social media, they just gave me a canned response that I could still apply by phone and that they regularly change their offerings on their website based on various factors. Hmmm, the MLB cards disappearing during regular season??? I never did apply for the MLB Mastercard credit card-but as mentioned above, they said I could call to apply despite it not being listed on their website anymore. Could be this is what they are doing with WWF.

I have had no communication from them so far about my MLB debit card being replaced and I hope they don't kill it. 

But to your first question, I cannot 100% say that the WWF card is still embossed, but the picture of that card from the website is un-embossed and has the new BofA logo so, that, combined with the fact that they no longer offer any embossed cards anymore, I'd say its safe to say it has the card number on the back. 

Message 4 of 7
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

@Alephbet wrote:

I should have been more clear. I'm just noting that the WWF "flavor" no longer appears on the BofA site and I had a hard time finding it to apply for. Old links don't work anymore and I happened to try the /wwf link and it still worked. It looks like other "flavors" exists that are no longer on BofA's web site so hopefully this particular version will still be available for a while and can be applied for. Thank you for the feedback.

Also, did you request the change from Visa Signature to World MasterCard or was that something that BofA just did. It seems to be a Visa Signature on the current application and that's what I would prefer for Costco use. 

I won't post the link, but if you Google "Bank of America Express Yourself" the first result is a .pdf link that was created by BofA. It lists all of their current, available card options. WWF is no longer listed.

I found this out this summer when I was looking for the former Major League Baseball cards that disappeared from their website. My BofA Visa Debit is a MLB card and they have all been removed from this website and from BofA's options to apply for. When I asked them on social media, they just gave me a canned response that I could still apply by phone and that they regularly change their offerings on their website based on various factors. Hmmm, the MLB cards disappearing during regular season??? I never did apply for the MLB Mastercard credit card-but as mentioned above, they said I could call to apply despite it not being listed on their website anymore. Could be this is what they are doing with WWF.

I have had no communication from them so far about my MLB debit card being replaced and I hope they don't kill it. 

But to your first question, I cannot 100% say that the WWF card is still embossed, but the picture of that card from the website is un-embossed and has the new BofA logo so, that, combined with the fact that they no longer offer any embossed cards anymore, I'd say its safe to say it has the card number on the back. 

I appreciate your response. The PDF I found lists the "Defenders of Wildlife" debit card I have. I only saw debit cards and not credit cards listed in the PDF I found but I didn't see anything about WWF as you said. I wasn't aware that BofA was not making any more embossed cards. That's good news! Thank you for the info!

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Alephbet wrote:

I should have been more clear. I'm just noting that the WWF affinity version no longer appears on the BofA site and I had a hard time finding it to apply for. Old links don't work anymore and I happened to try the /wwf link and it still worked. It looks like other affinity version exist that are no longer on BofA's web site so hopefully this particular version will still be available for a while and can be applied for. Thank you for the feedback.

Also, did you request the change from Visa Signature to World MasterCard or was that something that BofA just did. It seems to be a Visa on the current application and that's what I would prefer for Costco use. 

There are still a few ways to obtain some of them, even if they're not featured on their website or any other released publications.  

As far as my WWF version, it started as a VS back in 2012, then I switched it to WMC years ago (circa 2015), then switched it back to VS and finally to WMC in 2018 where it is today.  A variety of these network switches were driven by acceptance in places that were network exclusive or restrictive such as Sam's Club or Costco, for example.

Message 6 of 7
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Alephbet wrote:

There are still a few ways to obtain some of them, even if they're not featured on their website or any other released publications.  

As far as my WWF version, it started as a VS back in 2012, then I switched it to WMC years ago (circa 2015), then switched it back to VS and finally to WMC in 2018 where it is today.  A variety of these network switches were driven by acceptance in places that were network exclusive or restrictive such as Sam's Club or Costco, for example.

I'm glad there seem to be ways to get the affinity versions no longer mentioned. I wasn't aware you could even call in and request a network switch like that at all. I am assuming it would only be possible on cards like the CCR that run on both networks as opposed to something like the Premium Rewards card that only comes as a Visa Signature. Thanks for the response. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.