cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caught someone digging in our trash!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Caught someone digging in our trash!

are HIPAA complient shredders good enough? Or should I opt for something better? 

Message 11 of 17
calyx
Super Contributor

I work at a hospital that takes privacy pretty seriously, so I just bring everything to work for shredding (my friends who end up clearing out their parents' or deceased loved ones' home will bring me boxes).    They're so serious here that the housekeeping staff won't take your trash if they see any paper in it at all, even a post it.

Everything is shredded and then recycled.     I keep a 'shred bag' in the house and just bring it in when it's full and I fussed at my partner when he was just tearing something up by hand to pitch in the trash.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 17
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Just a reminder to shred, burn, throw #*#& on it or whateva! Smiley Wink

I saw my apartment neighbor putting water in a big bag full of her mail LOL. She said people were after her and shining flashlights in her window at night, as well as breaking into her mailbox. We live in a tiny apartment complex that has mailboxes you can't access without a key. I think I just caught her during a meth moment. Seriously, this lady is crazy and does drugs. Everyone in the complex knows about it...

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 13 of 17
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
Shredding is definitely a good idea, but one of my friends whose in FL takes it one step further, he burns any sensitive documents.

lol, I shred and then dump my shredder bin into my compost, turning those sensitive documents into earth! 

Message 14 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

hahaha! I know where she and that guy lives.

I wanted to post back to this.  The other day my friend and I are driving behind this junky car and I told her to lay on the horn cause there's a cell phone on the trunk and it's about to fall off.  So they won't pull over and I told her to blink her lights too.  So they finally pull over and I walked up to the car grabbed the phone and held it up, it was right on the edge- I mean hanging.

Well the phone had 500 cracks all in it, dang.....and I held it up to chill them cuz all of a sudden I thought, I'm pretty dumb; not smart.  I hollared from the trunk "you just about lost it" waving it in the air.  So I walked on up and handed it to her. She was saying, I'm sorry, I'm sorry over and over. Very odd. The guy was thanking me though. But my gosh they smelled like liquor so bad.  I said, you might not wanna drive that way, there's a road block on the other side of the bridge, done been through it once.  The guy was like oh yeah, yeah we gonna turn round, thanks and all that crap. Takes her forever to turn around and then waves after they passed us.  Ssssllllloooooooww reactions. My friend called the law, gave tag and stuff.

EDIT:  cleaned and shortened this up.  But this ^^^^^ was the woman digging through my garbage a few months back.  I now have my shredder ordered.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work for a defense contractor, so as you can imagine, document security is huge. We have locked rolling bins in several places in my building for all paper waste, whether it’s a spec sheet or a napkin that you put a shopping list on - they want ALL paper in them, no matter what. Security takes them to an on-site incinerator and reduces them to ash. I’m considering using that to get rid of the mail I get (others do it - management is fine with it).
Message 16 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Well Amazon delivers on Sundays via usps......idk this.  Nice surprise, I got my shredder 3 days early.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.