Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Ranks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community Ranks

Personally, idc. A new visitor could know more than an epic contributor

Btw that wasn't me saying idc what you said but I just am not worried about a rank.
Message 51 of 374
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed palmdale. I have been told it's an algorithm overall. Realistically idc if you have 20k posts if you only have 1 kudo then what you say is likely hogwash and you don't deserve to rank up. You need to be a person that people see as a value to the site and not a nuisance.
Message 52 of 374
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Agreed palmdale. I have been told it's an algorithm overall. Realistically idc if you have 20k posts if you only have 1 kudo then what you say is likely hogwash and you don't deserve to rank up. You need to be a person that people see as a value to the site and not a nuisance.

I edited my example a bit, becuase I noticed I wasn't even reading my example code correctly..lol.  In the example, all that really mattered were, logins, age of account, and then a combination of all other forum features combined.  Just wanted to clarify.  I did see an admin post somewhere that logins were a definite factor in this forum, so if myfico is structured like the example, logins and age of account could be holding many people back.  

I totally agree with you, it doensn't really matter, but in my opinion it is always fun to rank up in forums, so it is something worth discussing and speculating about...Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 374
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been at senior quite a while.
Message 54 of 374
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

palmdale wrote:

I have never heard of someone setting up a forum which required the Admin/moderator to approve ranks.  I highly doubt that is happening here.  Post count most likely plays a large role in the ranking system, but I wouldn't discount the other factors.  As you can see in the example code I posted, if you don't meet the differenct sets of criteria, you will not rank up.   

Example:  

You have 200,000 posts, but you have only 100 logins.  In this forum, you will most likely still be stuck at a low rank, until you meet the minimum threshold for the logins category in the ranking formula.   Many different variables could be holding you back from ranking up, even with a crazy post count.  That is the brilliance of the Lithium ranking system Smiley Happy  You are rewarded for being being an all around (Active) user, and not just a post spammer. 

I agree, rankings should be automated based on a formula without need of admin review. Manual adjustment was pure speculation based on a few glaring unexplainable outliers.

A primary factor available for review is posts by rank as summarized in the above table. There are undoubtedly some errors in the summary but it should be close.

Another important factor I can confirm is minutes on-line (recent system glitch on 7/22/2016 re-set my time to 160 minutes from over 20,000 and rank dropped from Valued Contributor to Member. At around 200 minutes rank changed to Established Member and then to Valued Member around 500 minutes.  [Need to sign off and back on to refresh on-line minutes display].

There are a few glaring outliers for rank by # posts but, not many. Looking at some of the high count/lower rank outliers, many had plenty of kudos so lower rank not related to that factor in these cases. Perhaps it is minutes on-line. [Did these posters lose on-line minutes from a prior glitch?]

I don't see many people posting here just to increase count as a means to a higher rank. Most post because they have ideas they want to share or have questions they want answered. As for rankings, it's just another data set to look at. 

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 55 of 374
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kdm is super but he doesn't start many posts at all.
Message 56 of 374
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been at senior quite a while.

To an extent you could attempt to find out what is holding you back.  Assuming the code I posted is similar to what is used here, you could see if anyone has a higher rank than you, but has been a member for a shorter time.  If there is such a user, then you would know that it isn't the age of your account that is holding you back.  Then you could ask around to see how many logins the users with a higher rank than yours have.  If they are all higher than yours, you could do some logging in and out and see if you rank up.  If you don't then there is another factor involved as well, and unless someone reveals it it would be hard to figure out...lol.  

Message 57 of 374
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think kudos received has much to do with it as some of the super contributors have under 1500 received and a low percentage of posts to kudos. To me anything over 20% is good because that means much of what you say is of some value.

Best I can telll the rankings are almost exclusively based on # posts. You need a certain minimum posts to get to the next level. Logins and kodos don't appear to be factors. Best I can tell is the change in rank is done manually but is likely triggered by an automatic notification. If the notification is not acted upon and forgotten, the user may not receive a higher ranking. A likely breakdown of minimum posts for each rank is shown below. [note: visitor rankings would follow the same QTY for posts as member rankings]

RankingPosts
New Member1
Member5
Established Member10
Valued Member25
New Contributor50
Contributor75
Regular contributor100
Frequent Contributor250
Established Contributor500
Valued Contributor1000
Senior Contributor3000
Super Contributor5000
Mega Contributor10,000
Epic Contributor20,000

Nope wrong not even close Lol

By your chart I don't even have a ranking so I'll take Cosmic Explorer Contributor as my ranking ....Thanks Lol

I have over 30k post last I looked and only cause someone pointed it out to me and you see my ranking and yet some members with far less time and post count have a higher ranking than I do 

From comparing notes with other members I can assure you that total log in also plays a roll in the algorithm

I also know for sure that time spent online along with contributions made during that time is a factor time/post ratio 

But that's as far as I care to expel thought into it 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 58 of 374
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think kudos received has much to do with it as some of the super contributors have under 1500 received and a low percentage of posts to kudos. To me anything over 20% is good because that means much of what you say is of some value.

Best I can telll the rankings are almost exclusively based on # posts. You need a certain minimum posts to get to the next level. Logins and kodos don't appear to be factors. Best I can tell is the change in rank is done manually but is likely triggered by an automatic notification. If the notification is not acted upon and forgotten, the user may not receive a higher ranking. A likely breakdown of minimum posts for each rank is shown below. [note: visitor rankings would follow the same QTY for posts as member rankings]

RankingPosts
New Member1
Member5
Established Member10
Valued Member25
New Contributor50
Contributor75
Regular contributor100
Frequent Contributor250
Established Contributor500
Valued Contributor1000
Senior Contributor3000
Super Contributor5000
Mega Contributor10,000
Epic Contributor20,000

Nope wrong not even close Lol

By your chart I don't even have a ranking so I'll take Cosmic Explorer Contributor as my ranking ....Thanks Lol

I have over 30k post last I looked and only cause someone pointed it out to me and you see my ranking and yet some members with far less time and post count have a higher ranking than I do 

From comparing notes with other members I can assure you that total log in also plays a roll in the algorithm

I also know for sure that time spent online along with contributions made during that time is a factor time/post ratio 

But that's as far as I care to expel thought into it 

The chart is not an entitlement list. As mentioned it represents a minimum number of posts to potentially get to that ranking.. As you so aptly show, you can post a lot but remain at a lower rankingSmiley LOL

Message 59 of 374
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not seeing a correlation relating to kudos received or given based on available data.

Mega.jpg

Perhaps # sign ins, minutes on-line, page views and messages read in addition to # posts .

Message 60 of 374
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.