Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Ranks

tag
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Community Ranks

Finally, my minutes began to count though only my second from the last sign in yesterday did. Today, again no minutes being added though sign ins are.  

Message 351 of 401
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

My logged in minutes have not counted all day. My log in minutes are counting though. Makes in more difficult (read impossible) to accumulate minutes.

I've noticed that minutes will sometimes update after you've logged out and back in.

Yes, that is how it works based on my experience. You must log out and back in for minutes on-line to refresh. I saw that repeatedly when my MOL crashed to zero after the 2016 system glitch.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 352 of 401
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Achieved Frequent Contributor at 250 Posts and 237 sign ins. My on line time updated twice while I was on the Forums.

It will take some time to move up.

Message 353 of 401
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Achieved Frequent Contributor at 250 Posts and 237 sign ins. My on line time updated twice while I was on the Forums.

Congratulations on your 'rank-up', @CorpCrMgr1.  Yes, as you climb the ladder, it seems it takes more and more time to progress higher.  I'm amazed at how quickly some of our members have risen, looking at their time on the forum and number of posts!  I think I spend a lot of time on here but it pales in comparison! 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$900K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0 - SYCH - 65.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 354 of 401
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Congratulations on your 'rank-up', @CorpCrMgr1.  Yes, as you climb the ladder, it seems it takes more and more time to progress higher.  I'm amazed at how quickly some of our members have risen, looking at their time on the forum and number of posts!  I think I spend a lot of time on here but it pales in comparison! 

Thank you for acknowledging my new rank. I know in my previous life on the Forums that I was ranked higher, but that was with years of online time. Must confess I didn't like being so low of a rank. Now I'm ok and look forward to rising in the ranks!😁

Message 355 of 401
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pizzadude wrote:

I'll chime in here with what I recall from discussions on this topic.  First, I agree with the above post that the chart with levels, post counts, logins, time online is anecdotal, and many of the cutoffs for levels are frequently not nice round numbers, i.e. 15,600 posts vs 15,000 posts.

Secondly, the abilitiy to delete posts / users in such a way to change ( or lower ) post counts isn't something Mods were ever capable of here.  The Admin team running things now may have that ability, or maybe it's related to archiving, etc.. but we don't have any visiblity into what they're doing behind the scenes.  

Alex Young This All Of This GIF - Alex Young This All Of This GIFs

@pizzadude is spot-on.

I'll also add that in the event a post or thread is removed it still "counts" for user metrics (at least if done by a mod).  Similarly, a post/thread that originates on the smorgasboard never counts, even if the post/thread is later moved to a board that does count.

Message 356 of 401
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I'll also add that in the event a post or thread is removed it still "counts" for user metrics (at least if done by a mod).  Similarly, a post/thread that originates on the smorgasboard never counts, even if the post/thread is later moved to a board that does count.

What is interesting is back on 31-Jan I checked my stats and wrote my post count was 2,650, then two days later I checked again and wrote my post count had dropped to 2,610; not sure where those 40+ (pretty good bet I made at least a few posts in those two days) posts went.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 357 of 401
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

What is interesting is back on 31-Jan I checked my stats and wrote my post count was 2,650, then two days later I checked again and wrote my post count had dropped to 2,610; not sure where those 40+ (pretty good bet I made at least a few posts in those two days) posts went.

While I can't say for absolute certain, I'd put money on it being (yet another) system glitch.  It looks like they're doing work under the hood in several areas (this is just my own speculation based on what I've observed).

For the record, the admins do have a way to 'blow away' posts/threads, but it's time consuming and generally not done (it hasn't been a regular practice since back when the community was new).  In the years I moderated I only saw it done a couple of times, and both times it was an admin deleting their own posts, not a members.

Message 358 of 401
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I've noticed recently that occasionally my "Total Signins" was not being incremented after I've logged out and back in.   I have a habit of leaving my browser open and just signing in / out without closing it down and I suspect this may have contributed to the issue.   I've switched to closing it each time I leave or closing the tabs out completely and I haven't noticed any further anomolies since I started doing this. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 359 of 401
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I've noticed recently that occasionally my "Total Signins" was not being incremented after I've logged out and back in.   I have a habit of leaving my browser open and just signing in / out without closing it down and I suspect this may have contributed to the issue.   I've switched to closing it each time I leave or closing the tabs out completely and I haven't noticed any further anomolies since I started doing this. 

My biggest issue is the time count. I've been on for an hour, signed out. Got back on hours later and no increase in minutes. I stay on for a while and check my minutes and it has increased. A half hour later, still haven't signed off, I check again and it increased again. I'm guessing getting off and right back on will not count so I put three or more hours between sign ins. My signs ins don't count only once or twice a week. 

Message 360 of 401
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.