cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you lose your drive once over certain score?

tag
Cblough93
Frequent Contributor

Did you lose your drive once over certain score?

I don't know about you guys, but I get great satisfaction over improving my credit profile and scores. Watching the scores go up, and knowing I can do better makes me push and gives me something to work towards. It gives me a goal.

but I've often wondered... what happens when I hit 850? Or even 800+? 

They say anything over 800 is basically pointless, it would just be for personal satisfaction at that point. 

those of you with 850 scores, once you hit 850, and you found you hit the end of the road, there was nothing left to work for because you hit perfection. Did you find that you were suddenly missing something? Like a huge goal of yours got hit and now it's gone?

I'm sure the feeling of hitting 850 is probably amazing, but I'm sure it wears off pretty quickly and then you are left with no where to go. Have any of you ever thought to yourself, man I kinda want to miss a payment so my score drops and I can work towards perfection again ( I don't mean you were actually considering doing this, but just like a passing thought, like huh, it would be nice to have this piece of my life back?)

I'll also include anyone who's close to 850, say over 800, do you find yourself wondering what happens when you hit 850? Did you find that you started to lose some of your motivation as your score got higher? The kind of situation where you say to yourself, well I already have an 800, what's the point of going any further? 

>

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.